While I have been sharing mouthwatering recipes with you all, I felt that I need to share this handy rice porridge recipe that my mom always makes whenever anybody in my family is down with stomach flu.
The rice porridge is easy to digest and also restores my energy. Easy and quick to make ,this recipe is indeed handy.
A recipe that everyone needs to know.
Instead of boring diet during the flu days, this porridge is so welcome as it tastes good. It is the right mixture of carbohydrates and proteins.
1. Raw rice - 3 tbsp
2. Mung Bean / Moong dal- 1 tbsp
3. Caraway seeds/ Jeera-1/2 tsp
4.Carom seeds/ Ajwain-1/4 tspp
5.Buttermilk -150 ml
6. Salt to taste
7. Water ( adjust)
1. In a pan, dry roast the rice, mung bean so that there is no raw smell.
2. Add the Caraway and Carom seeds to the above and process it in a mixer to make a coarse powder.
3. Mix 1 tbsp of the powder to half a cup of water and start cooking.
4. The powder will increase in quantity as it cooks. If it thickens, add more water and you can see the colour changing as the rice and mung cooks. Switch off and allow it to cool.
5. Add salt .
6. Mix with buttermilk. You can make it in drinking consistency or eating consistency. Adjust buttermilk quantity accordingly.
So when your loved one is ill, do remember to make this porridge . Safe,Healthy and Tasty.
CHEF TIP :
1.If you have a fussy eater, then you can add little Rasam to the porridge to make it more tangy.
2. You can add sugar instead of salt and add few pieces of fruits for smaller children. In this case you can omit the seeds while grinding.