Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Semiya Upma | Recipe to make the Tastiest Semiya Upma | Tiffin Recipes By Masterchefmom

Semiya Upma |

Hi Supermoms,

Semiya Upma or Vermicelli Upma is one of my favourite tiffin dish. I have always enjoyed Semiya upma with a teaspoon of sugar. They are match made in heaven. It hardly takes 10 minutes from start to finish and does not require any fancy ingredient. 

The best part of this upma is that it has saved me multiple times on situations like these 😅

- no exciting vegetables in my fridge
- no mood to cook any thing elaborate 
-when ordering food is not an option
- when I have to cook for myself 
- dull and gloomy day 

Though my family does not feel so excited when I tell them that upma is on the menu, over the years I can proudly say that I have converted two upma haters to upma lovers. Upma making is  a skill and when made right, you are sure to enjoy this delicious tiffin .

Coconut chutney or tomato chutney pairs very well with this upma. You can make this upma with roasted or non -roasted vermicelli. I always use the roasted one as I like my upma to have a great texture . 

There are so many versions of upma.Today's recipe is the simplest and the most tasty and family approved one. A must try !

Semiya Upma |

Semiya Upma :

Preparation time : 2 minutes
Cooking time : 12 minutes 
Serves : 2
1 cup = 250 ml cup

Ingredients : 

1.5 cups roasted vermicelli /semiya
3 cups water
salt to taste

For tempering :

2 teaspoons ghee/clarified butter
2 teaspoons oil ( I used sesame oil)
1 teaspoon channa dal/Bengal Gram 
1/2 teaspoon urad dal
3-4 dry red chillies ( torn roughly)
1 sprig curry leaves ( torn roughly)
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds 
Minimum Ingredients


Method :

1. Heat a heavy bottom kadai with ghee and oil.



















2. Add the channa dal, urad dal and when then start browning a little , add the mustard seeds, dry red chillies.
3. When the seeds start to splutter, add the curry leaves.
4. Now add three cups of water and required salt.
5. When the water starts to boil, add the roasted vermicelli.
6. Cook over medium to high flame, stirring occasionally.

7. The mixture will take 6-7 minutes to cook.
8. When the extra water is  absorbed , switch off. 
Simple and the best tasting Semiya upma is now ready to be served.

Semiya Upma |

Happy Cooking !

With love,

Masterchefmom







No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...