Wednesday, February 18, 2015

DELHI TOAST

Hi SUPERMOMS,

OK, now let me clarify this....DELHI TOAST is most popularly known to all of us as RUSK!!!!




Yes, you heard me right! The humble RUSK or the TOAST ( this is how they call it in DELHI) is my comfort snack that I have with my coffee every morning! 

The joy of dipping the rusk in coffee( sometimes tea), is mmmmmm....you need to taste it , to enjoy it!!!

Store bought RUSK is quite expensive and we do not know the quality of bread that they use. It is so simple to make it at home. And the best part is that you can flavour them as you like. Some may like cardamom...while some may not...similarly some of you will like it less sweet or some of you would want more. 


I had run out of my stock of RUSK at home and wanted to make it really quick. Luckily had half packet of bread remaining. So made these super crispy DELHI TOAST in flat 20 minutes. 


Recipe inspiration : Bhavna's kitchen
INGREDIENTS

Bread slices

Unsalted butter(room temperature)

For flavouring I used cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and cinnamon.

A teaspoon of powdered sugar(  I was lazy, used granulated sugar)

Let us prepare the DELHI TOAST.

1. Mix butter with all the flavouring and sugar.


2. Preheat your oven and line your baking tray.

3. Apply the butter mixture evenly on the bread slices and slice them in halves ( mine is little uneven as I was in a hurry).


4. Bake at 180 degrees for 10  minutes on one side and then turn the sides and again bake for 10 minutes . Another indication is the browning of the bread. 
Keep a watch over the oven to avoid burning of the toast! 



5.Allow them to cool in the rack for 5 minutes. 



Your crunchy crispy DELHI TOAST is ready! Time to prepare my coffee!!!



It's time for your tea too is'nt it? But do have it with these easy to make RUSK!

See you soon,

HAPPY COOKING!

With love,

MASTERCHEFMOM









No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...