It has always been a task for me to make my children eat two healthy things- Oats and fruits. Since it's summer time ,you feel like DRINKING your breakfast more than EATING it and want to have everything Chilled!!!!
So, when I made a Smoothie with Fruits and oats ,they simply loved it and did not even realise that it had oats!!
This makes two glasses of smoothie.
1. Apple- 1 peeled
2. Banana- 1 peeled
3. Oats-3 tbsp ( cook it in 1/2 cup of water for 3 to 4 minutes and cool)
4. Chilled milk- 1 cup
5. Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
6. Brown sugar/ honey- 2 tsp( adjust sugar according to your preference)
7. Ice cubes.
Let us prepare our smoothie:
1. Cook the oats and allow it to cool.
2. In a mixer jar, add cut apples,bananas ,sugar ,oats ,cardamom and grind to a smooth paste.
3. Now add the milk and ice cubes and grind again. Your energy drink full of goodness and health is ready!!!
Try it for your breakfast tomorrow.
You are sure to bring more smiles!!!