You must have heard about this Italian dessert .
Panna Cotta means a dessert that is made using sweetened cream thickened with gelatin and is moulded.
I was waiting for the arrival of Alphonso mangoes and when I got the first batch for this season ,wanted to try as many recipes as possible with this king of fruits.
Panna Cotta was my first choice.
Mangoes are liked by all and this recipe is a super hit!!
I had book marked Panna Cotta recipe of Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. But, when I saw this recipe in www.fondbites.com, I had to try!!!!
The main attraction in this recipe is using coconut milk along with cream. The results are just fabulous.
I used brown sugar instead of the refined sugar and it tastes equally delicious.
I can vouch for the taste and you will feel so happy looking at your children licking the cup and wanting more.... This recipe is for keeps!!!
You can prepare this in no time!!
Fresh cream-600 ml
Brown Sugar-1 cup
vanilla extract-1 tsp
Warm water-1/4 cup
For the Jelly Top:
Brown Sugar-1/3 cup
1. Firstly, peel the skin of the mangoes and process it in a food processor. You will need 3 mangoes in total, so first process two,transfer it to a bowl and process one more seperately. So your mango pulp is ready.
2. Next chop coconut in small pieces and process them in a mixer. You can add two tbsps of water.Remove and squeeze for the first milk. So,collect 400ml of fresh coconut milk. Alternatively,you can buy the ready made coconut milk .
3. In a small bowl,add 2 tbsp of gelatin and add 1 tbsp of water. Let it sit for 5 minutes so that the gelatin will bloom. Mow, microwave it for 1 minute and stir so that the gelatin dissolves completely.
4. Stir the coconut milk and the fresh cream.Add sugar and start heating it over a gas stove.
5. Add the mango pulp and bring this mixture to a boil over medium flame. Add the gelatin stirring continuously so that it dissolves completely. Switch off.
6. Pour this cream mixture in the glasses or cups in which you are going to serve. Fill half of the cups. Keep it in the freezer for 20 minutes or till it sets. Setting this cream is important . Only then when we pour the mango jelly, the surface of the cream will not break.
7. For the jelly top add all the ingredients except the gelatin ( prepare it the way you did for the cream layer)and bring it to a boil. Then add the bloomed gelatin and stir continously till it dissolves.
8. Let it cool for 5 to 7 minutes and then top the cream cups with this jelly.
9. Refrigerate atleast for 3 hours.
10. You can garnish the dessert with cut fruits.
Try this dessert and share your family feedback with me...
You can post pictures in my facebook page www.facebook.com/Masterchefmom