I am so excited to present , my version of the Choco Lava Cake in a microwave.
Can you believe if I tell you that it take just 90 seconds to bake this yummy dessert?
Just a few ingredients and you are good to go.
It's eggless too!!!!
The Cake waiting to erupt...
A chef by the name Jean-Georges Vongerichten of New york city is believed to have popularised this dessert. It has now become a 'de rigueur'inclusion in all the restaurant menus.
When it is so easy to make at home, why order from restaurant, right?
Choco Lava Cake :
Ingredients ( for one small ramkin or silicon muffin mould)
1. All purpose flour-1 tbsp
2. Cocoa powder- 1 tbsp
3.castor sugar-1 tbsp
4.Baking powder-1/4 tsp
5. Baking soda- just a pinch( optional)
6.cubed chocolate pieces- 20 gms
7. Milk-2 tbsp( adjust if it is too thick)
2. Add milk and mix well.
3. Keep your chocolate chunks ready.
4. Grease the muffin mould or ramkin.
5. Add a one tbsp of batter. Place the chocolate chunk( a bigger one will work superbly). Add one more tbsp of batter to cover the chocolate.
6. Place the mould in a microwave and bake in the grill+microwave mode for 90 seconds. Alternately, you can bake in microwave mode at 450 degrees for 90 seconds.
7. I used Cadbury Silk chocolate as it was available at home, but any chocolate should work.
8. The microwave timing might differ from one company to another. With practise, you can perfect the timing... I would have attempted this for atleast 20 times... I am sure you are smarter!!!
Do think of me when your dearies appreciate you for this awesome dessert!