I must confess that this Cocktail is one of my favourites. I am smitten by the simplicity of this Cuban drink . The subtle flavours of mint and lemon ...how so refreshing. Perfect drink on a day when you want to completely relax.
I am not good at describing food, I am in loss of words all the time...but I can tell you this that before you make this drink for yourself , do have it in your favourite resto/ bar/ pub. You will fall in love with it!!!
Traditionally, a mojito is a cocktail that consists of five ingredients: white rum, sugar (traditionally sugar cane juice), lime juice, sparkling water, and mint. It's combination of sweetness, refreshing citrus, and mint flavors is intended to complement the potent kick of the rum, and has made this clear highball a popular summer drink.3 The cocktail has a relatively low alcohol content (about 10 percent 4alcohol by volume).- courtesy- Wikipedia
I am preparing the Non - Alcoholic Version of the classic Mojito,which has become equally popular.There are only three main ingredients . Mint, lemon and a bottle of Sprite.
As Alcohol is not used in this drink it is called Virgin Mojito.Now, we are all set to prepare this Mocktail.
1. Mint leaves- 6 to 7 for a glass
2. Lemon juice-1 tsp for a glass
3. A bottle of Sprite. If you want to use Soda, then you need to add Sugar syrup to the lemon juice.
4. Mint leaves and lemon slices for garnish
Note: prepare the drink in the serving glass itself. It is quicker and more flavourful.
1. In the serving glass, add a tsp of lemon juice and 3 to 4 mint leaves. Using a muddler or a mini wooden hand blender, mash the mint leaves .
2. Add sprite or any clear sweetened carbonated drink
3. Garnish with ice cubes,lemon slices and roughly torn mint leaves.
4. Serve immediately.
It is so refreshing for me to write about this recipe...imagine drinking it!!!!!
Sometimes...nope, manytimes we Moms Need to take Chillpills is'nt it?
HAPPY MOTHER's DAY ,SUPERMOMS!!!
"Cheers " to all of you!!!