Potatoes are tasty vegetable. There are so many different ways to make the Potato Wedges, but today I am going to share the healthier baked version. There is absolutely no compromise on taste!!!!!
You can enjoy these yummilicious bite sized snack without any guilt.
Have you been buying the ready made wedges? If 'yes' can tnis recipe is going change that! All you need is potatoes,oil and your choice of spices. It takes less than half an hour to make them from start to finish.
This is a versatile snack and loved by every one. You can safely add it to your party menu/ evening snack / lunch box. Your family is going to love it.
Though I make the fried version regularly, the inspiration to bake came from http://www.fondbites.com. The original recipe had cheese and Italian herbs, but I have added my choice of spices.
Are you ready for this easy,peasy breezy recipe?
2. Olive oil- 1 tbsp
3. Mix of spices- cumin powder,chilli powder, coriander powder, crushed dried fenugreek leaves,garam masala powder, channa masala powder, garlic powder,onion powder.
4. Salt to taste
1.Adding basil,oregano ,salt makes the wedges very interesting. Adding cheese makes it richer.
2. Freshly ground spices adds a lot of flavour to the wedges.
1. Wash the potatoes well .
2. Cut the potatoes into half vertically.
3. Place the first half this way and start to cut from the corner. Each piece should look alike.
I wanted to share this important step with you all . Since we are so used to cutting potatoes into cubes, cutting for wedges needs little more practise.
4. Add the oil and all the spices. Mix well. Add salt.
5. Line a baking tray with butter paper/ parchment paper. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for ten minutes.
6. Toss the wedges in the spice mix and arrange the wedges in the butterpaper with the skin side down. As you can see, since I have not sliced it in the right way, I placed it side ways. It does not alter the taste but if cut uniformly, it looks really nice.
7. Bake the wedges at 200 degrees for 20 minutes. Check for crispiness and bake little longer (10 minutes) or till the time you achieve your desired crispiness. If you like it more juicier,then 20-25 minutes is more than enough.
Remove from oven and serve right away with your choice of sauces!!! Your anytime healthy snack is ready!!!
Hope you liked this recipe.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Do leave your valuable comments and do spread a word about my work as Sharing is Caring.
You can also visit and like my facebook page www.facebook.com/Masterchefmom for updates.