I am back to baking after the summer break!!!
Wanted to start with an easy yet flavourful,moist and delicious cake!!! The Classic Yellow Cake fitted beautifully to my needs.
With just few ingredients , this is one of the most delicious cake I have tasted!
It's called the Yellow cake,because it has additional egg yolks!!!!
The cake needs no dressing. Just a sprinkle of icing sugar can create magic !!!! I have given a choco hazelnut touch as my kids love Chocolate in everything !!! If you are baking for a bunch of adults...I suggest you garnish with just fruits!!!!
The recipe is adapted from Fondbites and I have just given the Cinnamon twist to the recipe.
The buttermilk and eggs add to the moisture and richness of the cake. It was total fun baking this beauty!
Classic Yellow Cake:
1. Unsalted Butter -1/2 cup
2.Sugar- 1 cup
5.Cinnamon powder-1 tsp
6.All Purpose Flour-1 1/2 cup
7.Baking Powder- 1 1/2 tsp
1. Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees C. Grease a baking pan with butter.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder,cinnamon and salt. Keep aside.
3. Add butter into your bowl of your electric beater. Beat on medium speed until butter becomes soft. Increase speed to high and beat for another 2 minutes.
4.Add sugar into the butter and beat on medium speed until the sugar combines well with butter. Keep beating for another 5 to 7 minutes until the mixture becomes pale and fluffy.
5. Add both the eggs one by one and beat for about 1 minute on medium speed after addition of each of the egg.
6.Add the yolks one by one and beat for about 1 minute after the addition of each yolk.
7.Divide the flour into 3 parts. Add the first part of the flour and beat on slow speed just until the flour combines into the batter. Do not over beat.
8. Divide buttermilk into 2 parts. Add first part of the buttermilk and beat on slow speed just until incorporated. Do not overbeat.
9. Repeat the process till all the buttermilk and flour is incorporated. Just make sure not to over beat.
10.Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes at 170 degrees C or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
11. Cool on wire rack. Run a knife through the sides of the cake. Invert pan and let cool completely.
You can serve them warm or cling wrap them and decorate it later.
You can add your favourite or seasonal fruits as the flavouring. You can also add chocolate chips,nuts,tutti fruity to add to the crunch. You can mix a part of the cake batter with melted chocolate ,pour it over the cake and create a swirl effect. We can try so many variations....Sky is the limit!!!!
1. If you do not have an electric beater, it is fine. A good quality wire whisk will do the magic for you.
2. If you are hand beating, lightly beat the eggs before you add it to the flour mixture.
3. In any case,do not over beat.
4. The batter has to be smooth,shiny and in pouring consistency.
5. If you are diet conscious, substitute Whole Wheat Flour instead of APF and brown sugar instead of refined. It tastes equally good and guilt free too!
Practise is the key to perfect bakes....so keep practising!!!!