I am sharing Pune's famous milkshake called Mastani . Though there are many types of Mastanis available, I personally love this combination of Mango and Vanilla Icecream. It is usually served with dryfruits and chunks of mango.
Clicking pictures for this post was such a task!!!!! The ice cream started to melt so fast..... I took a quick click before the lick!!
I have to thank my friend Jyothi Rajesh for tempting me with her awesome pictures of this dessert. You can visit her blog for yummy recipes.
It takes just 10 minutes to prepare this dessert from start to finish. So , when the mangoes are in season, give it a try!! And if you happen to visit Pune, do taste the various flavours of Mastani.
Serves : 2-4
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 5 minutes
1. Mangoes-2 ( get a sweet non- fibrous variety, Alphonso works best!)
2.Milk- 1/2 cup( 100ml)
3.Ice cubes -5 to 6
4.Vanilla ice cream-3 to 4 scoops + 4 scoops for garnishing.
5.Sugar-1 tbsp( optional)
Fresh fruits/ dry fruits - chopped
1. In a mixer add all the ingredients except the dryfruits and process well. If it is too thick you can add more milk.
2. Pour it in your serving glass till 3/4 ths of the glass and top it with a scoop of ice cream.
3. Garnish with fruits/ dryfruits or enjoy it just like that!!!!
4.You will need a spoon to dig into this yummilicious dessert.
1. If the mango is sweet you can avoid using Sugar.
2.If you are serving young guests, then they will love it without the dry fruits!!!!