Eid Mubarak to all !
I know that Sheer Korma is the traditional Eid dessert, but I wanted to make something different. This is how this fusion dessert "Chocolate Mac Pudding " conceptualised in my mind.
I was adding Chocolate to pasta for the first time and the end result did not dissappoint me or my family !!!
It was simply super delicious ! By now you know that all my recipes are absolutely simple to make but very tasty! Is'nt that the best of both worlds?
Chocolate Mac Pudding :
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 15 minutes
1 Cup = 250 ml
1. Macaroni pasta - 1 cup
2.Milk - 1 cups( adjust if the pudding becomes too thick)
3.Milk Cream - 1/4 cup
4. Chocolate ( I used Hershey's ) - 50 gms
5. Cardamom powder -1/2 tsp
6.Nutmeg powder - 1/4 tsp
7. Clarified Butter / Ghee -1 tsp
8. Sugar -1/2 cup ( adjust according to the type of chocolate that you are using )
1. Clarified Butter/ Ghee - 2 tsp
2. Slivered Pista and Almonds - 5 ( each)
3. Raisins ( optional)
1. Boil the macaroni in the usual way ( boil, drain, run cold water and keep it aside)
2. In a wide pan, add a tsp of ghee. Add the powdered cardamom,nutmeg powder ,milk and sugar. When the milk starts boiling, add the boiled macaroni.
3. Melt the chocolate in a microwave ( keep in high for 30 to 40 seconds) and use a wire whisk to make a smooth paste . Alternatively you can use a double boiler to melt the chocolate. Add the cream and whisk to blend the two.
4. Now, pour this chocolate mixture in the macaroni milk mixture that is cooking. Make sure to cook in low flame. Cook for just a minute so that the chocolate blends well .
5. Heat ghee and add the slivered almond and pistas and cook just till they turn fragrant . Garnish the pudding. You can even garnish after you have transfered the pudding to individual serving bowls.
Serve in Style!
1. You can use any kind of pasta.
2. You can serve this pudding hot or cold. I tried both and they both tasted yum.
3. If the pudding is too thick, you can adjust by adding milk.
4. Adding white chocolate will taste equally superb.
5. If you are a Chocoholic, then garnish with chocochips or grated chocolate.
6. Adjust sugar depending upon the sweetness of the chocolate.
7. After step 2, you can add the flavours of your choice. Adding fruits to the pudding is also a good option ( my kids will not approve of it though!!)
8. You can melt the chocolate and blend the cream when you are boiling the pasta. This saves a lot of time.
So, there are so many options to innovate in this dessert! I would love to hear your version.