You know that I am always ready to bake anything with Chocolate . Obvious reasons are that it is an instant hit at home.
After the Oreo Cookies, here is another easy peasy recipe of Chocolate Chips Cookies for you. It takes less than 30 minutes to prepare these cookies from scratch.
Infact you don't need any special equipment to prepare the batter. A fork and a wire whisk will do the magic.
I haven't followed anybody's recipe here but I definetly need to thank Fondbites for the motivation to bake .
Eggless Chunky Choco Cookies :
Preparation time :10 minutes
Baking Time : 11-15 minutes @ 160 degrees C
Preheat : 10 minutes @ 180 degrees C
Cup = 250 ml
Makes = 14 medium sized cookies
1. Whole Wheat Flour - 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp( this I added later )
2. Brown Sugar - 1/4 cup ( adjust if you like more sweet)
3.Baking Soda -1/4 tsp
4.Chocolate Chips - 2 tbsp( or use chocolate pieces)
5.Cocoa powder/ Chocolate Crystals/ Coffee Crystals( optional) - 1 tsp ( you can use 1 tsp of Bournvita / Boost/ Nescafe)
6. Pure Vanilla Extract - 1/2 tsp
7. Butter milk - 1/4 cup
8. Clarified Butter / Ghee - 2 tbsp
9. Salt - just a pinch
1. In a bowl, add the Whole Wheat Flour, Chocolate Crystals, Baking Soda, Salt and mix well with a fork.
2. Add the Chocolate Chips and again mix.
3. In another bowl, mix sugar and butter milk ,Ghee and Vanilla Essence.
4. Whisk well using a wire whisk so that the sugar dissolves.
5. Now, pour this liquid into the dry flour mixture and mix well using the fork.
6. You will get a thick dough like this. If it is flowy or liquidy, then add little more flour to make it thicker. I initially added 1/2 cup of flour, but at this step had to add 2 tbsps of flour to adjust the consistency.
7. Preheat the oven and line a baking tray with butter paper. Use a tbsp to scoop out the cookie batter. Place them at a distance of an inch or two. You can use an ice cream scoop if you want large sized cookies.
8. Place the tray in the middle rack and Bake them at 160 degrees for 10 minutes . Then check once and continue baking for another 5 to 7 minutes. The cookies beautifully rise up.
9. They will be soft when it is hot. Allow the cookies to stay in the tray for 5 minutes and when it is bearable to touch, transfer them to a cooling rack.
Soft, melting Chocolatey, Chunky Cookies are ready to be gobbled just like that !!!
If you are serving it to children, then give them a tall glass of milk to dunk their cookies ! You will be surprised how the milk vanishes without any complaints !!!!
Chef Tips :
1. You can substitute Gluten Free Flour or APF instead of Wheat Flour.
2. I have used brown sugar but regular castor sugar will work too.
3. Baking time will differ depending upon your oven and the size of your cookies.
4.You can add white chocolate chunks and it is going to taste equally yummy.
5. If you are comfortable with egg, then substitute one egg instead of the buttermilk.
6. The cookies have to come out without sticking from the butter paper. If it still sticks, it means that you will need to bake it for little more time.
7. Stay close to the oven when you are baking to avoid over baking.
8. The cookies will be very soft to touch when they are hot. Do not mistake it for under baking. Allow it to cool and it will harden.
9.You can use butter instead of Ghee