Schools have reopened after the summer vacations and I am back to making interesting finger foods for lunch box. Since there is very limited time in the morning to prepare the lunch box, I like to stick to easy recipes. Dahi Kebabs......for me the name itself means Yummy!
Dahi Kebabs | Yoghurt Kebabs :
Serves : 2
Preparation time :10 minutes
Cooking Time : 10 minutes
1.Bread Slices - 3
2.Onion -1 (large ) - finely chopped
3.Tomato- 1 ( large)-deseeded and finely chopped
4.Green Chilli -1 - finely chopped
5.Cilantro leaves - finely chopped
6. Grated cheese - (optional)
7. Ghee/ Clarified Butter / Butter -1 tbsp
For the batter :
1. Dahi/ Yoghurt / Curd : 1/2 cup ( if too thick, you can add 2 tbsps of water)
2.Roasted Gram flour/ Sattu flour - 2 tsp
3. Rice flour -2 tsp
4. Semolina / Rava -2 tsp
5. Salt to taste ( adjust according to sourness of curd)
6.Spice powder - 1/2 tsp( you can add just chilli powder or any other spicy masala powder,I added Chole masala)
1. Prepare the batter with the ingredients given.
2. Cut the bread slices into desired shapes. Smaller the size, easier to pan fry . You can use cookie cutter...
Or just cut them into smaller slices!
3.Chop the vegetables finely. You can add bellpeppers,carrots too.
4. Heat a wide pan, brush with Ghee.
5. Generously sprinkle the vegetables.
6. Dip the bread into the batter for a second, flip immediately and dip. Do this without pressing too much ,else it might break.
7.Now, place these battered bread on top of the vegetables.
8. Sprinkle vegetables on top .
9. Let it cook on both sides. It will take approximately 5 minutes for each side.
10. Cool it on the rack before you pack for lunch box.
If it is for your evening snack or party then serve hot!!!!
Chef Tips :
1. You can prepare the curd batter the previous night so that u can save time in the morning.
2. Do not dip the bread in the batter for a long time.
3.Make sure to slice bread into smaller sizes.
4. You can make it more crisp by tossing it in Semolina or Cornflour.
5. You can also deep fry it after tossing it in Cornflour.