This was a surprise 'Blockbuster' cake. I had purchase some packets of kitkat to try out a bookmarked recipe . But could not make it for so many reasons. It was weekend and there was a sudden sweet craving for my teenagers.
When I told them that I can bake a chocolate cake for them in 20 minutes, they were delighted. And they were even more delighted when they bite into the kitkat hidden inside the cake!!!!
Kitkat Chocolate Cake :
Preparation time- 5 minutes
Baking time - 17 - 20 minutes
A cup = 250 ml
1.Whole Wheat Flour - 1/2 cup
2.Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
3.Coffee powder -1 tsp
4.Brown sugar - 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp ( adjust if you want more sweet)
5.Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
6.Olive Oil - 1/4 cup
7. Milk - 1/4 cup +3 tbsp
8. Kitkat ( use as much as you want)
1. In a bowl add all the dry ingredients. Mix using a fork.
2. Now, add the oil and milk. Add milk little at a time to make a smooth,thick flowy batter .
3. Preheat your oven at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes. Grease your baking pan with Olive oil/ Butter.
4. Now, add the KitKat chocolate.
5.Bake at 160 degrees for 20 minutes or till the time a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
6. Cool it in a rack for 10 minutes and then....it is going to vanish!!!!
You are sure to bring more smiles with this cake !!!
1. This is not a sponsored post, I have added Kitkat for the crunch. So you can add chocolate wafers too.
2. Baking time might differ depending on the oven you use.
3.I used Olive Oil as this was a late night snack for us.You can always use butter.
4. You can melt chocolate and pour it on top for more chocolatey goodness.