You are getting ready for your evening walk and your loved ones are a 'little hungry' and need some snack....A sudden guest coming in or a small gettogether with friends... In any of these situations, you are pressed for time, and want to serve yummy as well as quick snack.
I make these " Cheesenips" at such times. Loaded with Veggies , Crunchy Chips and Cheese, this snack will be an instant blockbuster at your place.
You can use Vegetables that are available in your pantry. Just onions, tomatoes and green chillies will do the magic.
Preparation time :5 minutes
Cooking time:5 to 7 minutes
1 Cup =250 ml
1. Potato Chips - 1 packet ( I used Lays Maxx Chips - tomato flavour)
2.Finely Chopped Veggies available in your Pantry
3. Milk -1 cup
4. Cheese Slices - 2 ( I used Amul Cheese Slices)
5. Grated Mozarella Cheese - 1/3 cup ( optional)
6. Corn Starch -1 tablespoon
7. Turmeric / Mustard powder -1/4 teaspoon
8. Salt to taste
9. Salted Butter -1/2 teaspoon
1. In a small glass, mix corn starch with two tablespoon milk without any lumps.
2. Heat a pan with butter and pour the milk- cornstarch mixture. As you mix, add the remaining milk little by little. Make sure to cook in low flame. Adding turmeric or mustard sauce is an optional step. As the milk thickens, add the cheese . Let it melt . Switch off. Add salt to taste.
2. Spread the chips on a plate. Sprinkle vegetables on top.
3. Immediately pour the cheese mixture and serve.
Gooey yummy Cheesenips are ready to be devoured!!!!
Chef Tips :
1. Add the vegetables on top of the chips just before you serve. You do not want to serve soggy Chips !!!
2. I have used different variation in vegetables, but the best combination is onions and capsicum.
3. Adding freshly chopped mint or cilantro adds to the flavour.
4. Adding turmeric is just for colour effect. You can conveniently omit that step.
5.If you are not using spicy chips, then I recommend you to use finely chopped green chillies.
6. Using firmer chips helps to prevent sogging. You can also use Nachos to make this snack.
7. This is a great party snack that can be done with such ease.