Yes, this sandwich is popularly known at home as ' Bollywood Sandwich'!!!! Now, the name is because the first city that comes to my mind when I make a sandwich is ' Bombay ' and this sandwich is a big blockbuster each time I make it !!!
Tastewise it is so yummy and that is what matters !!! The crunchy boiled potato chips for a filling is a great idea!
I need to thank my Sister- in- law, Hema for this sandwich recipe ! She was so sweet to send me stepwise pictures so that I do not miss even a single step . I thoroughly enjoy making this sandwich for our breakfast and also for my little one's tiffin box.
A ' no sauce ' in this sandwich is an added attraction. You can deep fry the potatoes or pan fry them. I pan fried in garlic butter for added flavour. I am sure you are already hungry !
Bollywood Sandwich :
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 4 to 6
Equipment required : Tava / Skillet
1. Par boiled potato -1 large
2. Grated Carrot -1 to 2
3.Finely Chopped Onions -1
4. Cheese Slices -2 to 3 ( I used Amul Cheese slices)
5. Garlic Herb Butter - 3 tablespoons
6. Bread Slices - 10
7. Salt and Peppef to taste
8. Fresh/Dry Herbs of your choice - I used finely chopped fresh mint leaves ( optional)
1. Par boil the potatoes and thinly slice them .
2. Heat a skillet / Tava and add half tablespoon of garlic butter. Place the potatoes as shown in the picture . Sprinkle Salt and pepper on top and let the potatoes become crunchy . This will take five minutes approximately on each side.When one side is done, toss and pan fry the other side. Alternatively, you can deep fry the potatoes in oil.
3.In a bowl, add the grated carrots, Onions.
4. Roughly tear the cheese into small pieces and mix with the vegetables. Add salt ( if required) . If you want it spicy, you can add one or two finely chopped green chillies.
5. Now that your carrot cheese filling and crunchy potato chips are ready, butter the bread generously.
6. First place the potato Chips, then the carrot onion cheese filling. Close with another buttered bread.
7. Lighly toast them in the skillet till the cheese melts . This will take about a minute on both sides. Use the same skillet that you used for making potato as it will be greased with the garlic butter.
It tastes absolutely buttery and delicious when eaten hot for breakfast or packed later for tiffin box.
A quick, easy and super tasty recipe, that you can try just now !!!!!
Chef Tips :
1. Using garlic butter enhances taste. If you do not have readymade garlic butter you can make one at home. Add butter , two or three fresh mint leaves and one garlic pod in your blender and your garlic butter is ready.
2. Make sure that your potato is crunchy. It is worth that extra two minutes of effort.
3. You can use mozzarella or cheddar too. Cheese slices are more easy to handle and so I have used them.
4. When you toast your bread, you can add little butter on the top for added taste.
Happy Cooking !