As promised here is an easy, amazingly tasty Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe for you all. Had baked these last week and it was a bumper hit at home!!
A Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that is eggless and tasty! Can't wait longer to share ...
I have adapted some part of the recipe from Betty Crocker and made my own eggless version.
An awesome snack to munch and that too homemade with just a handful of ingredients !
The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies :
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Baking time : 15 to 20 minutes
Yield : 35 small Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 Cup = 250 ml
200 gms All Purpose Flour/Maida ( One and 1/4 cup)
150 gms Powdered Sugar ( 3/4 Cup approx.)
100 gms Butter
1 tablespoon Flaxseed powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
100 gms Chocolate Chips
3 tablespoon Water
A pinch of salt
1. How to make a flaxegg?
In a bowl add a tablespoon of flaxseed powder and pour in 3 tablespoons of hot water over it. Mix well and let it sit for 5 minutes.
2.Sift the dry ingredients - Baking Soda,Sugar, Flour and salt.
3. Add the choco chips to the flour mixture. Add butter and incorporate it into the flour. Pour the flax egg and make a smooth dough. Add little milk or water if the batter is dry.
4. If the dough is too sticky, just scoop out small portions with a tablespoon and place them in a lined baking tray. I divided the batter into two portions, shaped them as cylinders and tightly cling wrapped them. I refrigerated the batter for half an hour. Then cut them into 1/2 inch roundels (Ovals!!!). You can do it either way .
5. Leave a gap of atleast 5 cms between them.
6. In a preheated oven, bake the cookies at 160 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes in the middle rack. Have a watchful eye after 10 minutes . The baking time will vary depending upon your oven.
7. The cookies will be soft to touch when hot ,but will set after it cools. Do cool it in a rack before you pack.
Delicious buttery yummy Chocochip cookies are ready to be devoured just like that or with a glass of milk!
Chef Tips :
1. Preheat the oven just for 5 minutes at 160 degrees.
2. If you do not have chocolate chips, just coarsely powder chocolate.
3. You can use butterscotch chips or milk chocolate too.
4. If you want your cookies to be more crumbly, just add a teaspoon of milk. But the batter will have to scooped out and remember to place each scoop at a distance of once inch.
5. I have earlier shared some interesting cookie recipes that are delicious also. Do check them out OREO COOKIES,CHOCO CHUNKY COOKIES