Festival Season also means that it's time for family getogethers, potluck parties and entertaining guests.
I am sure you will agree that it is great to cook and serve home made food as it is also more economical and also so gratifying.
To help you out with some ideas , I have been sharing interesting party food. The recipe that I am sharing today is a simple yet a blockbuster among children.
I have made these many times for playdates and birthday parties . Children are thrilled on hearing the word"Pizza" and if it is going to be a delicious home made one with 'Double Cheese on a deep dish' , then the happiness doubles!!!
The secret behind making the deep dish pizza is that it actually saves you a lot of effort and time. All you need to do is find a large baking tray with atleast 1 inch height !
If there are kids coming home for your party, they are simply going to adore you for this !!!
Thanks to all my instagram friends for motivating me to update this recipe. Do give it a try!
Double Cheese Deep Dish Pizza :
Preparation time : 1 hour
Cooking time :15- 20 minutes
Serves : 6
For the pizza dough
5 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Instant Dry Yeast
1 tablespoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
Warm water for Kneading ( approximately 1 1/2 Cups)
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
For the Topping :
4 tablespoon Pizza Pasta Sauce
Thinly Sliced Bell Peppers ( all colours), Onions, Tomato
Cottage Cheese and Herbs ( optional)
Oregano and Chilli flakes for garnish.
1. Get all your ingredients ready.
2. The pizza dough has doubled and is ready for baking. Punch down the dough gently .
3. Grease the baking tray with butter. I used a Taurus shaped cake pan to give a different shape to the pizza. You can be creative in choosing your baking pan.
4. Spread a layer of the pizza dough in the pan. Just make sure that the dough fully covers the bottom of the pan.
5. Now spread the grated/ chopped Cheddar Cheese on top.
6. Cover this with another layer of pizza dough.
7. Spread the home made pizza sauce and top it with the sliced vegetables and cottage cheese. You can even add some fresh herbs.
8. Finally, generously sprinkle the mozarella cheese. In a pre-heated oven, bake the pizza at 180 degrees C for 15 to 17 minutes or till the time you see the cheese on top lightly browning.
Your stunning looking mouthwatering pizza is ready !!! Sprinkle some fresh oregano and chilli flakes and serve HOT!!!
1. You can prepare the pizza dough a day in advance and refrigerate. Let the dough rise in the refrigerator itself.
2. The baking time will differ depending upon your oven model.
3. I baked the pizza in the middle rack of the oven.
4. You can prepare regular pizza on the stove top using the same dough.
5. I used home made pizza sauce. You can add your creative flavours in the pizza.
6. You can use Whole Wheat Flour / Gluten Free Flour or other healthier for making your pizza base. If you are using Whole Wheat Flour, add a boiled and mashed potato to get a softer base.
Have a great festive season and Happy Cooking!