"You better watch out
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why,
Santa Claus is coming to town.."
Holiday Season has started and I have been spending time baking cookies and happily singing the carols and decorating the cookies with my 'Not so little ones'. I guess we always need to keep that child is in us 'alive'. Oh, what fun !!!
Moreover, the cookie recipe that I am sharing today has three basic ingredients, Whipping Cream, butter and flour. Combine them together and bake them to get absolutely soft, and tasty cookies.
Cream Wafers ( Eggless Recipe) :
Preparation time:45 minutes
Cooking Time :7-9 minutes
Total Time : 1 hour and 45 minutes
1 cup = 200 ml cup
Yield: 40 Medium size Cream Wafers
Recipe source : Betty Crocker
2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Unsalted butter ( softened)
1/3 cup Heavy whipping cream
2 tablespoons Granulated sugar ( adjust)
Cream Filling :
1/4 Cup Butter
1 Cup Icing Sugar
1 teaspoon Flavour of your choice ( I used Vanilla)
Food colour ( optional)
1. In a large bowl, mix flour, butter and whipping cream with a fork or spoon. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm.
TIP: I transferred the contents to azip lock pouch and refrigerated. It is very convenient.
2. Heat oven to 175 degrees C. Dust your working surface and take small portion of the dough, roll and cut them into desired shapes.
TIP: While working with this batch, keep the remaining dough refrigerated.
3. Spread parchment paper/butter paper on a plate and sprinkle granulated sugar generously.
4. Take each cutout and coat them with sugar on both sides and place them in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
6. Prick each cookies with fork so that they do not puff up too much.
7. Bake them in the preheated oven for just 7 to 9 minutes.
TIP: The cookies should not brown. They will just start to brown in the edges. Have a watch ful eye over the cookies. They will firm up after cooling.
8. While the cookies are cooling, beat the butter till it becomes smooth and fluffy. Add icing sugar little by little and beat to combine. Add colour, essence and mix. Your filling is ready.
9. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the filling into each of the half of cookies. Top with remaining cookies.
Your Cream wafers are ready !!!
Just start humming and baking ...
" He's making a list
And checking it twice
Gonna find out who's naughty and nice
Santa Claus is coming to town !!!!"