" It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas,
Everywhere you go;
Take a look in the five-and ten, glistening once again
With candy canes and silver lanes aglow.."
'Cinnamon Sugar' flavoured Snickerdoodle Cookies are pillowy soft, fluffy , light , little chewy inside and when you bite into them, it just melts in the mouth !!!
Easy to bake and tastes great over time. Cinnamon lover's dream I would say! You just can't stop with one!
Baking the cookies with the right texture without overbaking them is the key to getting soft Snickerdoodle cookies.
You can confidently pack them as gifts as it tastes better on the second or third day of baking. Just store them in an airtight container.
Snickerdoodle Cookies ( Eggless recipe ) :
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time : 7-9 minutes
Measurement : 1 Cup = 200 ml cup
Storage : You can freeze the dough for upto 2 months. You can freeze the cookies by covering each cookie with butter paper and pack them in an airtight container.
2 & 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 & 1/2 Cup powdered Sugar
1 Cup Butter(Softened)
2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt
Heavy Whipping cream ( adjust)
1/4 Cup castor sugar
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix using a fork so that there is uniform mixing.
2. Add the softened butter and bind the flour to make a soft firm dough by adding heavy whipping cream little at a time.
3. Do not knead.
4. Wrap the dough in a cling film or just put the dough in a zip lock pouch and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
5. In a bowl prepare cinnamon sugar by mixing the castor sugar and cinnamon powder.
6. Take 1 tablespoon of the chilled dough and roll it into a ball. Repeat the same for the entire batch.
7. Roll each ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat the balls.
8. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
9. Place the balls two inches apart.
10. Bake them in a preheated oven at 175 degrees C for 7-9 minutes or till the cookies very slightly brown from the sides.
Note: The balls will spread so make sure to place them apart.
11. The snicker doodle cookies will be all puffed up . Cool them completely in a cooling rack.
Bite into them immediately or wait for an extra day , as the flavour gets better. Store them in an airtight container or lined gift boxes.
..It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas;
Soon the bells will start,
And the thing that will make them ring is the carol that you sing
Right within your heart."