Birthdays are exciting time for Children and food is an integral part of any celebration. Special cakes and bakes doubles the celebration. 'Chocolate' and 'Pizza' are two things every child loves and the occasion being so special ( New Year 2016 ), combining these two to create a fantastic looking and yummy treat specially for them .
Delight your little and not so little ones with these Chocolate Pizza'man'. These shapes excite children so much. Ofcourse, you can always make them as regular circular pizzas .You can use your creativity to dress the pizza.
Bake them for their birthdays or special occasions , they are simply going to love you !
Chocolate Pizza :
Preparation time : 1 hour
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
Yield : 9 Pizzaman
Storage : Keeps good for 3 days when refrigerated
Measurement : 1 cup is a 250 ml cup
Special Vessel/ equipment required: Gingerbread man Cookie Cutters, Parchment paper/ butter paper a pastry brush or silicon brush
For the pizza dough:
150 gms or 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 & 1/2 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
2 tablespoon Castor Sugar
1 teaspoon Quick Rise Yeast
1 pinch salt
30 grams OR 1/4 Cup unsalted butter
1/3 Cup Milk + adjust
For the glaze :
2 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon milk
2 teaspoon water
1/2 Cup Buttercream frosting ( Flavour of your choice)
3 packets of M& M's or gems
1. Sift Flour, sugar, salt and cocoa powder. Add the quick rise yeast and mix well with a fork.
2. In a pan, heat the milk , add butter and switch off.
3. When the milk is warm, pour it on the flour mixture and mix to combine using your hands. Add some warm milk if the dough is dry. You are looking for a sticky dough.
4. Cover using a cling wrap or a moist kitchen cloth and let the dough rest in a draft- free place for 45 minutes.
5. In the meantime, prepare your buttercream frosting by whipping butter, icing sugar and the flavour of your choice. You can also use readymade buttercream frosting.
6. After the resting time, the dough has doubled in volume. Punch down lightly.
7. Dust the working surface and your hands with flour.
8. Transfer the dough to the working surface and using a rolling pin, roll out the dough to a larger circle/rectangle of 5 mm thickness.
9. Using the cookie cutter, cut them into shapes and arrange them in a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
10. Bake them in a preheated oven at 175 degrees C for 12-15 minutes in the middle rack.
11. To prepare the glaze, heat a pan with sugar and water. When the sugar completely dissolves, add the milk. The syrup has to be sticky. No string consistency is required for the glaze.
12. Remove the pizzaman from the oven and place them in a cooling rack.
13. Using a brush, glaze the pizzaman with the sugar syrup.
14. Allow them to cool completely.
15. Decorate the pizzaman with icing and gems/m&m's or with chocolate ganache and fresh fruits.
Chef Tips :
1. The temperature of milk is important when mixing the yeast flour. For proper rising of yeast, the milk should neither be 'too hot' or just warm.
2. You can also use melted chocolate and cut fruits as topping. You can also try chopped dry fruits and condensed milk for variation.
You can also try Pan Pizza, Garlic Roll, Garlic knots, Stromboli, Calzone , Potato Corn Burger recipes for your birthday party menu.