According to Wikipedia, " Teriyaki is a cooking technique used in Japanese Cuisine in which foods are broiled/grilled with a glaze of soya sauce and sugar ".
I was absolutely tempted by a food video where chicken wings were glazed with this sauce. Wanted to try with Tofu and Cottage Cheese. And the dishes were a great success and I have already made it thrice !!!
You can try the same recipe with cauliflower, brocolli and also with mixed vegetables. I did not fry the paneer as I wanted to keep the recipe oil free.
Freshly cubed Tofu or Paneer glazed with the Teriyaki sauce......YUM!!!!
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 7-8 minutes ( for this quantity)
Serves : 2
200 gms Paneer or Tofu ( cubed)
1/4 cup dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar ( adjust)
1 & 1/2 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon lightly toasted sesame seeds
2 teaspoons Sriracha or any chilli sauce ( optional)
Finely chopped spring onion greens
- Heat a medium size wide pan.
- Add the soy sauce.
- When the soy sauce starts boiling add the brown sugar.
- Let the brown sugar melt completely and start caramalising.
- Now add honey, chilli sauce and the sesame seeds.
- When the sauce thickens, add the cubed paneer or Tofu.
- Mix to coat them well and switch off.
- Garnish with the spring onion greens and serve as a starter or along with noodles or rice.
1. You can also fry the paneer/tofu before adding it to the sauce. You can refer to this recipe for the stepwise pictures.
2. I did not make the sauce too thick as I was serving it as a side to Chilli Noodles.