Chinese Fried Rice and Vegetable Manchurian are the most ordered dishes when it comes to Indo -Chinese cuisine in Restaurants. I am sure some one in your family loves this cuisine too. I had made this combination for our Sunday Lunch and it was so delicious.
I have earlier shared Burnt Garlic Rice and Hakka Noodles in Indo - Chinese Cuisine. This rice can be prepared with left over rice too. A quick and simple recipe that will sure be a show stopper in parties . A great picnic dish and also a Lunch Box Recipe.
Chinese Fried Rice :
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves : 2
1 cup = 250 ml cup
1 cup uncooked basmati rice
2 garlic pods ( finely chopped)
1/2" ginger paste
4 green chillies ( slit lengthwise)
10 french beans ( finely chopped and boiled/steamed)
1 carrot ( peeled and finely chopped)
1 onion ( finely chopped)
1/4 bell pepper ( mix of colourful bell peppers , finely chopped)
1/2 teaspoon sugar ( optional)
1 teaspoon soya sauce
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder or 1 teaspoon red chilli sauce
salt to taste
Finely chopped cilantro and spring onion greens.
1. Wash and soak the basmati rice in water for 30 minutes and cook the rice with 3/4 cup of water so that the grains are separate .
2. Heat a wide pan/wok with oil and add the green chillies and garlic.
3. Cook over low flame for 30 seconds and add the onions and sugar.
4. Keep stirring for 30 more seconds in high flame and add the beans and carrots.
5. Add required salt and keep stirring till the excess water is absorbed. This step will take 1- 2 minutes.
6. Now, add the bell peppers, soya sauce and the chilli powder.
7. Cook , stirring continuously for one minutes.
8. Add the rice and mix well over medium flame.
9. Switch off and garnish.
Your yummy Chinese Fried Rice is ready to be served.