The festival of colours 'Holi' is here and the festival brings with it loads of 'Masti' ( Fun). It is a big occasion and calls for get together of friends and family. I wanted to create a special dish that is full of colours and is yummy too. It's quick and easy to assemble , so that you can spend more time outdoors playing with colours.
You can fry the manchurian balls a day earlier and also prepare the Schezwan spread in advance. Layer the burger with freshly sliced vegetables , schezwan spread, tomato ketchup and wash it down along with a tall glass of Thandai! Your Holi Party just got more colourful !
I am carrying these burgers to my friend Sonal's Holi Party ! You can visit her party to enjoy so many delectable Holi Recipes. Happy Holi everyone ! Holi Hai!
Schezwan Manchurian Burger :
Preparation time : 20 minutes ( includes making Manchurian balls)
Cooking time : 10 minutes
Serves : 4
4 burger buns
12-15 manchurian balls
5-6 lettuce leaves
2 large firm tomatoes ( slice into roundels)
2 large onions( slice into roundels)
For the Schezwan spread :
5 garlic pods
4 dry red chillies
2 tablespoons salted butter
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1. Soak chopped garlic pods and dry red chillies in 1/4 cup of water for 2 hours.
2. Drain the water and grind it to a coarse paste.
3. Heat a pan with butter and add the coarse paste.
4. Cook over low flame for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously. Switch off.
5. Add tomato ketchup to this mixture and your schezwan spread is ready.
Tip : Alternatively, you can spread the butter mixture separately and the sauce separately on the buns.
6. Slice the burger buns and lightly heat them on a tawa/griddle on the cut sides only.
7. Spread the Schezwan sauce on both cut sides of the burger buns, then the tomato sauce (if you are adding them separately).
8. Arrange the sliced vegetables, manchurian balls and close it with the other half of the burger bun. Repeat for other burger buns also.
Yummy, Schezwan Manchurian Burgers are ready for the party !
If you are looking for more party food, you can check it out here.
Happy Cooking !