Summers are here and I'm welcoming summers with this simple, delicious,healthy and Vegan fruit salad. I have used all the seasonal fruits to make this dessert. You can serve the Fruit Salad with a dollop of ice cream or fresh cream if you like. I have used almond milk to make it more healthy.
Fruit Salad is the best dessert that you can serve your family and friends.
Fruit Salad | Fruit Salad with Flavoured Almond Milk :
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4-6
1 cup = 250 ml
Ingredients : ( peel and cube/chop the fruits in uniform size)
20 green grapes/purple grapes (halved)
1 orange (halved)
1 sweet potato ( boiled, optional)
For Flavour :
100 ml Almond milk ( I used ready made almond milk)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tablespoon sugar
For Garnish :
1. Beat almond milk with vanilla essence and sugar in a mixer. Keep it aside.
2. Add all the fruits in a large bowl and mix well.
2 Ways to serve:
1. Pour the flavoured almond milk into the fruit bowl, mix and refrigerate. Serve chilled
2. Prepare the almond milk earlier and refrigerate. Take individual serving bowls, spoon some almond milk in each bowl and the spoon the fruits into the bowls. Garnish and serve .
Either ways, it tastes yummy!
Chef Tips :
1. Instead of almond milk, you can use any other nut cream, dairy cream or soy milk.
2. You can flavour the milk with your choice of flavours.