A colourful bowl of salad is appealing to the eyes and to our palate. Healthy, High Fibrous Vegetable Salad with amazingly fresh Mint Salad Dressing is such a welcome addition to our daily diet. A chilled bowl of this crunchy salad along a tall glass of Aam Panna (Herbal Raw Mango) is a satisfying meal.
You can add your choice fresh vegetables, herbs and nuts. Salads are great party starters also. You can make the salad dressing a day ahead and just toss the vegetables an hour before the party! Sounds like fun , is'nt it ?
I have also added boiled garbanzo beans/chickpeas to take care of the protein content. To sum it up, a wholesome salad recipe !
Mediterranean Salad with Egg Free and Dairy Free Mint Dressing |Mint Mayonnaise :
Preparation time : 20 minutes ( excluding the soaking time)
Cooking time : Nil
Serves : 4
1 cup = 250 ml
1/2 cup chickpeas/garbanzo beans/kabuli channa
2 English cucumbers (chopped)
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
1 yellow bell pepper
For garnish :
1 teaspoon dry roasted sunflower seeds
finely chopped cilantro/mint leaves ( or herbs of your choice)
For the salad dressing / Mint mayonnaise/ herbal mayonnaise/vegan mayonnaise :
1/2 cup soya milk
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoon lemon juice/lime juice
25-30 medium size fresh mint leaves ( adjust according to your taste)
1 green chilli( roughly chopped)
1-2 garlic pods (chopped)
2 cashew nuts ( roughly broken)
4-5 peppercorns ( coarsely crushed)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar ( you can also use honey)
1. Soak the chick peas for 6 hours in water and boil till soft .
Note : You can pressure cook the beans upto 4 whistles.
2. Drain the beans and set it aside.
3. Arrange all the other cut vegetables in a bowl/salad plate.
4. To make the salad dressing, add soya milk and the freshly squeezed lemon juice in a bowl and whisk it using a balloon whisk/hand whisk.
5. Transfer the mixture to a food processor/mixie/blender jar and add in the other ingredients for the mayo, except the oil .
6. Run the mixer for one minute and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
7. Process again for 30 seconds and add the remaining oil in two batches.
8. You will get a rich creamy texture .
Note: The consistency of the salad dressing can be adjusted by adding more nuts if required. You can store the extra dressing in an air tight, clean and dry bottle and use it upto 3-4 days.
9. Toss the salad along with the mint dressing, garnish with sunflower seeds and herbs and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
Your refreshing summer salad is ready!!!
Happy Cooking !
You can also try Healthy Sprout Salad .