As a part of my 'Bakshanam Series', today I am sharing Cornflakes Mixture Recipe. This is a easy and straight forward recipe that has been innovated in the recent times. No flour is involved, so you need not worry about the proportions going wrong or not having the special equipments like the 'Murukku Press'. Fry the cornflakes and nuts of your choice, spice it up and enjoy. Sounds easy?
Let's move to the recipe.
Cornflakes Mixture :
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 15-20 minutes
Serves : 4
1 cup = 250 ml cup
Storage : Keeps good for upto 7-8 days when stored in a clean and dry air-tight containers.
1 cup cornflakes ( plain flakes for frying)
1/2 cup peanuts
1/2 cup roasted gram
1/4 cup cashew nuts ( halved)
1 sprig curry leaves ( washed and pat dried)
1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder or pepper powder ( adjust according to taste)
salt to taste
oil for frying
1. Heat oil in an iron kadai or pan.
2. When the oil is hot, place a small batch of cornflakes inside a smaller vessel ( with holes) and fry them it done.
Note : Check the temperature of oil by dropping a piece of cornflakes. If it instantly sizzles and floats up, you can start frying.
3. Repeat for the entire batch, drain in a kitchen towel and set it aside.
4. Once the cornflakes are fried, fry the gram and nuts, curry leaves separately , dry and set it aside.
5. Transfer them to a wide bowl, add spice powder and salt.
6. Mix well and once they are completely cool , store them in clean air tight containers.
Your crunchy home made tea time snack is ready so quickly !
Happy Deepavali to all !
For 50+ Diwali special recipes click here.
Happy Cooking !