I have been recently sharing a lot of easy, healthy 'no bake' recipes with you all. I had made this delicious 'Apple Streusel' on my Snap Kitchen . It tasted so delicious. On request from readers, I am updating this yummy dessert recipe on the blog too.
You will amazed at the simplicity of the recipe and the time it takes to put them together. The word 'Streusel' in German , means a 'crunchy/crumbly' texture . I had made this dessert in a tart pan and after an hour in the refrigerator, it was so easy to cut them into smaller portions. I have used very little butter in the recipe , but if you are vegan, substitute it with any nut butter.
Serve it as a party dessert/ tea time or After School Snack . Yum!!
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 10-12 minutes
Serves : 4
1 cup = 250 ml cup
Storage : Keeps good for 3 days when refrigerated
For the apple layer :
3 large apples ( finely chopped or grated )
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 cup sugar ( brown sugar or castor sugar)
1/2 teaspoon butter ( for vegans - use any nut butter)
For the Streusel :
1 cup muesli ( or rolled oats or cornflakes/wheat flakes)
2 teaspoons raisins or cranberries
1/4 cup nuts ( of your choice , finely chopped)
3-4 seedless dates
2 teaspoons honey
1 1/2 teaspoons butter ( of your choice)
For garnish(drizzling) :
1/4 cup condensed milk ( optional)
1. Mix the cinnamon powder with the chopped/grated apples .
2. Heat a pan with butter over low flame and add the finely chopped apple- cinnamon mixture.
3. Let the apples cook over low flame for 2-3 minutes.
4. Now add the sugar and lemon juice and let them cook till the excess water evaporates and the mixture looks like one lump, switch off.
5. While the apple sugar mixture is cooking, heat another small pan with butter , ( given under ' Streusel) and lightly roast the nuts and the muesli.
6. Add the dates, cranberries, honey and lightly toast them for 3-4 minutes and switch off.
Chef tip : Toasting the muesli while the apple mixture is cooking helps to reduce our total cooking time.
7. Grease a tart pan with butter.
8. Add half of the Streusel mixture and press using the back of a greased spoon.
9. Now spread the apple mixture uniformly to form the second layer.
10. Finish off with the remaining streusel by pressing it on top of the apple layer.
11. Drizzle condensed milk over the streusel and cover the pan with a foil and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before you slice.
You can serve the streusel warm or cold. Serve it with a scoop of ice cream , just delicious !
Happy Cooking !