Today I am sharing another easy instant dosai recipe using bread. I know many of you like Instant Dosa Recipes as it is really handy especially on days when we run out of vegetables or are in no mood to cook elaborate meals. The same situation at home today and I made this dosa using bread slices and it turned out so crisp at the same time yummy.
I did not add any vegetables or spices to the dosa. Just made a spicy 'Pottukadalai Chutney'( Roasted Gram Chutney) to go along with it and it was so delicious.
Without further delay, let me give you the recipe details.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 1-2 minutes per dosai
Makes : 10 dosas
1 cup = 250 ml cup
Special Equipments/Vessel : Mixer /Food processor , tava /skillet
4 bread slices ( I used white bread)
1/4 cup rice flour
1 tablespoon rava/semolina/cream of wheat
1 tablespoon curd
1/2 teaspoon peppercorns ( coarsely crushed)
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds /jeera ( coarsely crushed)
1 green chilli ( finely chopped)
2 teaspoons sesame oil ( for drizzling)
1 and 1/2 cup water ( adjust)
salt to taste
1. In a mixer /food processor , tear and add the bread slices, rice flour , curd and grind it to a fine batter adding water little at a time.
2. Transfer it to a vessel, add rava, green chilli, peppercorns , cumin seeds, salt and adjust the water quantity so that the batter is neither too thick or too thin.
3. Allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
Chef tips: You can make this dosa in 2 ways :
A. Make the batter thick so that you can pour a ladle of batter in the centre of the tava and spread it in a circular motion like a regular dosa.
B. Make a slightly thinner batter and pour the batter around the tava so that it spreads by itself like the Visiri Dosai ( Refer this recipe for stepwise pictures and tips)
4. Heat a tava and when it is screamed hot, pour the batter around the tava till all the gaps are filled.
5. Once the dosai starts to crisp, you can fold the dosai and serve .
Note : No need to flip and cook the dosai.
Serve the dosai hot with your choice of sambar and chutney.
Happy Cooking !