The recipe name ( title) says it all, is it not ? Yes, this is a healthy recipe that is completely guilt free. Your snack time has just become glamourous !
This fudge is also a great gifting option. Pack them in beautiful gift boxes and your edible gifts are ready for sharing . And like all my Snap Kitchen Recipes, this one is super simple and quick to make without messing your kitchen. I had demonstrated this recipe yesterday in Masterchefmom Snap Kitchen on snapchat ( Episode 18).
Another 'No Bake Recipe' that can be the best dessert for your parties . I have not added butter or sugar in this recipe. But if you are making for kids and like a little bit of indulgence, then you can substitute butter instead of oil and add quarter cup of condensed milk to the honey mixture to make it more tasty.
If you do not want to make the second nut butter layer, then you can simply grease your hands and roll them into balls. However you shape them, they taste so good !
Chocolate Rice Crispy Fudge :
Preparation time : 5-10 minutes
Cooking time : 7-10 minutes
Makes : 40 small Fudge squares
1 cup = 250 ml cup
1 cup dry fruits ( mixed)
6-7 dates ( seedless, juicy variety)
2 cups rice puffs/pori ( you can use oats or cornflakes too)
2 tablespoons Honey or Maple syrup( I used honey)
1 tablespoon cocoa powder ( adjust)
1/2 cup oil ( use a odourless oil, I used rice bran oil)
For the top layer :
1/2 cup-1 cup peanut butter/almond butter or any nut butter /Nutella
Dark chocolate ( melt it using a double boiler with 1 tablespoon butter/oil )
Note : First Line a baking tray/pan with parchment paper/aluminium foil/butter paper .
1. Add the dry fruits inside a big zip lock cover, seal the cover and using a rolling press, crush the dry fruits into smaller pieces.
Note : Alternatively, you can use your mixer/food processor to coarsely crush the nuts. Do not grind it fine. Large chunks add to the crunch of this fudge.
2. Add the rice puffs into the zip lock, seal and again repeat pressing the process to crush the puffs into smaller pieces.
3. Heat a pan with oil over low flame , add honey and keep stirring till they mix well.
4. Now, add the cocoa powder and mix well ( over low flame).
5. When the mixture starts to bubble, add the dates and using a flat ladle, mash and incorporate them into the cocoa syrup.
6. The mixture will start bubbling and coming together, switch off.
7. Immediately add the crushed rice puff and dry fruit mixture into the pan with the cocoa mixture.
8. Mix them well.
9. Transfer the mixture into the greased pan and using your hands or the back of a greased ladle press them well to form a uniform layer.
10. Freeze them for 15 minutes.
11. Remove the pan and spread the peanut butter /Nutella as the top layer and freeze for at least 1-2 hours.
12. Remove and cut them into squares ( or any shape of your choice ) .
Delicious and Healthy Snack Fudge is ready !!
Happy Cooking !