'Matar Paneer' is a popular side dish that is enjoyed with Indian Flatbreads like roti/chapathi/kulcha/laccha paratha etc., Soft and succent paneer in an amazingly tangy , creamy gravy is too hard to resist.
A simple and flavourful gravy that can be cooked in just a few minutes can make your dinner /lunch look exotic. Use juicy tomatoes , fresh peas and paneer to get the maximum taste.
Matar Paneer | Home Style Matar Paneer Recipe :
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4
1 cup =250 ml cup
200 ml paneer/cottage cheese ( cubed)
4 ripe tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh peas( shelled)
10-12 cashew nuts ( soak for 15 minutes in hot water and grind to a fine paste using water)
pinch of turmeric powder
1 teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder ( adjust quantity according to your spice requirements)
1/2 teaspoon coriander powder/dhania powder
1/4 teaspoon Garam masala or All Spice Powder
salt to taste
2 teaspoons oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds/jeera
1/2 teaspoon kasuri methi ( coarsely crushed)
1. In a mixie/food processor puree the tomatoes ( with the skin) and set it aside.
2. Heat a wide pan with oil and temper with cumin seeds.
3. Add the pureed ' tomatoes, peas, kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala , salt and allow the mixture to cook over low flame till the oil separates in the sides of the pan.
4. Add 1/2 -1 cup of water and add the cashew paste.
5. Add the cubed paneer and cook over low flame for another 5-6 minutes and switch off.
6. Garnish with Kasuri methi.
Note : You can even add a dash of fresh cream if you like.
Your delicious Matar Paneer is ready to be served.
1. If you are using paneer that is stored in the refrigerator, always thaw it before adding it to the gravy by soaking them in warm water for 10 minutes.
2. You can even garnish with coriander leaves.
3. Adjust the thickness of the gravy depending upon the consistency you like.
Happy Cooking !