'Raita' or the yoghurt based side dish is served with mixed rice dishes like Pulav, Biriyani, Tomato Rice etc., I always like to make my raitas interesting and healthy. Today , I had made Bombay Style Tava Pulav and I served this Spinach Raita as the side dish. It was so delicious .
Wanted to share this raita recipe with you all without further delay.
Spinach Raita | Palak Raita :
Preparation time : 2 minutes
Cooking time : 5-7 minutes
Serves : 4
1 cup = 250 ml cup
2 cups spinach /palak( cleaned, washed and chopped)
1 teaspoon ghee/clarified butter ( if vegan, you can use oil)
1/2 teaspoon peppercorns
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 green chilli ( adjust)
1/2 cup curd ( whisked)
salt to taste
1. Heat a pan with ghee and temper with peppercorns, cumin seeds and green chilli.
2. Add the chopped spinach , salt and mix well.
3. Continue to cook over low flame till the spinach reduces in size and is almost cooked.
Chef tip : Add 1/4 cup of water while cooking. If the spinach is fresh, this step will take just about 5 minutes.
4. Switch off and allow it to cool.
5. Grind the mixture to a smooth paste.
6. Mix well whisked curd .
Your healthy Spinach raita is ready to be served along with your choice of mixed rice dish.
Happy Cooking !