Rava Dosai is a popular dosai recipe even in restaurant menus. This is another tasty and delicious dosai recipe that can be made at home with handful of ingredients . As this is an instant dosai recipe that requires no fermentation, it is handy to make even on days when you are in a hurry and want to cook a quick dish. The technique to make this dosai is the same as Visiri Dosai .
You can generously sprinkle onions, green chillies on the hot tava and pour the batter on top to make crispy Rava Dosai or you can add the onions to the batter and make the dosai. Either way they are tasty. You can watch this video to make the dosai.
Hotel Style Rava Dosai:
Preparation time : 1 hour
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serves : 4
1 cup = 250 ml
1/2 cup rava/ sooji / cream of wheat
1/2 cup maida/ flour
1 cup rice flour
1 cup curd ( whisked well)
water ( adjust)
1/4 cup cilantro/coriander leaves ( finely chopped)
salt to taste
For tempering :
2 teaspoons sesame oil
5-6 cashew nuts ( broken roughly)
1 teaspoon channa dal/bengal gram
1 teaspoon urad dal /split and husked black gram
1 teaspoon peppercorns ( coarsely ground)
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1 sprig curry leaves ( roughly torn)
For sprinkling directly on the tava ( optional, if making onion rava dosai):
2 onions ( finely chopped)
2-3 green chillies ( finely chopped)
1. In a tall and wide vessel add all the flours, rava and salt.
2. Mix well and add curd .
3. Add water little by little and make a lump free thick batter ( just like regular dosa batter).
4. Beat the batter well for 5 minutes and then let the batter rest for 30 minutes.
5. After the resting time, heat oil in a small pan /iron ladle and temper with the ingredients given and pour it into the batter.
6. Now add water and dilute the batter ( similar to Visiri dosai batter)
7. Heat a tava and grease it with sesame oil.
8. Pour a ladle ful of batter ( watch the video for the technique)
9. Drizzle oil and cook on both sides.
Delicious, crispy Hotel Style Rava Dosai is ready !
Happy Cooking !