Do you love sizzler ? There are so many speciality sizzler restaurants today. But the joy of making sizzler at home is so satisfying . Plus, you can put together your favourite ingredients and cuisine in one pan .
'Sizzler' is served as a 'one pan dish' that contains both the main dish like rice or noodles, vegetables and the sauce. The steam that the sizzler plate releases with a dramatic effect when it is brought to the dining table , makes this dish a 'show stopper'. It is highly popular in restaurant menus and there are numerous speciality restaurants across the world that specialise in various types of sizzlers.
In this Paneer Sizzler recipe, there is pan fried succulent paneer, roasted vegetables and a spicy sauce that is rich in the garlic- tomato flavour. Adding rice to the sizzler makes this dish a complete meal by itself. Adding loads of seasonal vegetables makes this a wholesome and nutritious dish. You can also substitute Tofu instead of Paneer. Making sizzler at home is now easy using this recipe.
Paneer Sizzler in Chilli Garlic Sauce:
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 45 minutes
Serves : 2-3
For the Chilli Garlic Sauce :
1 teaspoon sesame oil
4-5 garlic pods ( finely chopped or grated)
2 tomatoes (blanched and pureed)
3 teaspoons red chilli sauce
2 cups water
2 teaspoons corn flour ( mix with 2 tablespoon cornflour)
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 cup finely chopped vegetables ( of choice , optional)
salt to taste
For the Rice :
1 cup long grain rice ( soak for 30 minutes and cook )
1 onion ( finely chopped)
1 carrot ( finely chopped)
5-6 french beans ( finely chopped)
1/4 cup bell pepper ( finely chopped, mixed colours)
2-3 green chillies ( finely chopped)
1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
2 teaspoons sesame oil
salt to taste
For roasted vegetables :
200 gms paneer/cottage cheese ( cut into 4" rectangular pieces)
1 onion ( diced)
1 carrot ( diced,blanched)
1 tomato ( deseeded and diced)
1/2 cauliflower ( cut into florets, blanched)
1/4 cup sweet corn ( blanched)
6-7 french beans ( cut into 3" pieces,blanched )
2 teaspoons oil
1/2 teaspoon black pepper ( powdered)
salt to taste
For garnish :
1/4 cup scallion/ spring onion leaves ( finely chopped)
6-7 cabbage leaves ( wash and keep it soaked in cold water till use)
1 teaspoon butter
To make the roasted vegetables :
1. Heat a wide pan with oil and roast the paneer , vegetables each separately, adding salt and pepper to them.
2. When they are roasted and slightly crisp on the outside, switch off and set them aside.
To make the Chilli garlic sauce :
1. Heat a pan over low flame and add garlic.
2. Fry for 1-2 minutes or till the garlic is light brown and immediately add the chopped vegetables ( if you are adding ).
3. Once the vegetables are cooked, add the tomato puree, sugar, salt and allow the mixture to cook for 3-4 minutes over low flame.
4. Now add water and the corn flour mixture.
5. Once the mixture thickens , switch off and garnish with some spring onion leaves .
To make the rice :
1. Heat a pan with oil.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste, green chillies and fry for 1 minute over medium flame.
3. Add the chopped vegetables and give it a good mix.
4. Once the vegetables are cooked, add the rice , salt and mix well.
5. Switch off and garnish
To assemble the sizzler:
1. Grease the sizzler pan with butter.
2. Line the pan with cabbage leaves.
3. Place the pan on the gas stove over low heat.
4. As the sizzler pan is heating, arrange the roasted vegetables, and rice.
5. Heat the chilli garlic sauce and when the pan is screaming hot , pour it over the paneer and roasted vegetables.
6. Switch off the gas and add a 1/2 teaspoon of melted butter on the sides of the pan and this will help it to sizzle.
7. Carefully lift the sizzler pan and place it on the wooden board ( part of the sizzler pan) and serve it to your family.
Delicious Paneer Sizzler is ready to be served.
Chef tips :
1. If you do not have a sizzler pan, you can use a grill pan to make the sizzler.
2. Line the grill pan with cabbage leaves and follow the above recipe.
3. While heating the sizzler pan, be extremely careful, especially while adding butter.
4. While assembling the sizzler pan, always keep the flame on low.
5. You can add a teaspoon of vinegar along with butter to help it sizzle more. This is an optional step.
6. You can use your choice of seasonal vegetables to make the sizzler.
7. Adjust spice quantity according to your preference.
Happy Cooking !