Cooking with seasonal fresh vegetables is always a pleasure . Varieties of peppers /chillies are now available in the market and putting them together in a fried rice is a great idea. This is a easy to make , quick rice dish that can be made using left over rice too.
Hand ful of ingredients and just few minutes of cooking, you get a great tasting rice dish that can be packed even for your office/school tiffin box. I have used Tofu in this dish, but you can substitute it even with cottage cheese/paneer. You can also use vegetables of your choice.
Tofu Fried Rice
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Serves : 2-3
1 cup = 250 ml cup
3-4 cups rice ( cooked)
1 large ripe fresh red chilli ( or you can use red bell pepper/red capsicum)( finely chopped)
1 large green red chilli ( or you can use green bell pepper/capsicum)(finely chopped)
1 large yellow bell pepper/yellow capsicum( finely chopped)
2 green chillies ( finely chopped, optional)
1 onion ( finely chopped)
200 gm Tofu ( cubed)
1/2 " ginger ( grated)
4-5 garlic pods ( grated)
1 teaspoon red chilli sauce
2 -3 teaspoons sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
salt to taste
For garnish :
handful of cilantro/coriander leaves or scallion/spring onion greens
1. Heat a wok/ kadai with oil and temper with sesame seeds.
2. Add garlic, ginger , onions, bell peppers, chillies, salt and fry for 3-4 minutes over medium flame.
3. Add Tofu and fry till the Tofu is browned uniformly on all sides.
Chef tip : Cook over low flame, stirring occasionally. This step will take 5 minutes approximately.
4. Add the red chilli sauce, mix well.
5. Now add the cooked rice and mix well over low to medium heat till they are well coated with the spices and switch off.
6. Garnish with your choice of greens.
Delicious Tofu Fried Rice is ready in minutes.
Happy Cooking !