How many of you love rasam ? I am sure many of you love it. Pasta on the other hand is loved by the younger generation but not so much welcomed by the elders of the family. My father and my MIL would love to have rasam rice than a pasta dish, any day.
But that changed with this recipe. I am so happy to share another fusion creation my kitchen to yours. If you are making a family dinner than this will be a sure winner as every one will be happy.
I have added panner/ cottage cheese while garnishing. You can add mozzarella cheese or tofu too. Instead of curry leaves, you can sprinkle curry leaf powder that will give the flavour, but will not be pushed away like the leaves while eating. I have used penne and macaroni, but it would be great if you use spaghetti variety of pasta for this recipe.
This Indian Rasam Sauce Pasta with paniyaram balls is a complete and wholesome meal .
Indian Rasam Sauce Pasta with Paniyaram Balls:
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 25 minutes
Serves : 2
1 cup = 250 ml cup
2 cups pasta ( cooked Al dente with a pinch of salt)
For the paniyaram balls:
1 cup adai batter
2 teaspoons oil ( for shallow frying in paniyaram pan)
For the Indian Rasam Sauce :
4 tomatoes ( pureed)
4-5 garlic pods ( crushed or grated)
1 teaspoon Instant rasam powder ( adjust according to spice requirement)
1/4 teaspoon curry leaves powder
pinch of turmeric powder ( optional)
salt to taste
For the tempering :
1 teaspoon ghee
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
For garnish :
finely chopped cilantro
1/4 cup grated cheese ( of your choice)
1. Boil the pasta, transfer them to a large bowl and set it aside.
2. Heat the paniyaram pan/appe pan with oil and spoon the batter into the cups.
3. Cover and cook the paniyaram on both sides and add it to the pasta.
4. Heat a kadai/wok with ghee and temper with mustard seeds.
5. Add the tomato puree, rasam powder, turmeric powder, salt and allow the mixture to cook over low flame for 7-8 minutes.
Chef tip : If the mixture becomes too thick, add water .
6. Switch off and add cilantro and cheese.
7. Pour the prepared sauce over the pasta and mix well.
8. Garnish with extra cheese if required.
Your delicious Pasta in Indian Rasam Sauce is ready to be served .
Happy Cooking !