Thursday, April 19, 2018

Pull Apart Pakora Dosa | Pakoda Dosai | Pakora Cheela| Masterchefmom's Tiffin Box Ideas 2018 | Gluten Free and Vegan Recipe

Pakoda Dosai

Hi Supermoms,

Hope you are all well. First of all, sorry for my absence here. I had taken a small break from social media to refresh myself , much needed one after my daughter's Board exams. I had been to my friend's place in Bangalore and had a very lovely time. After I got back, there were so many pending chores and though I cooked regularly, I could not find myself updating any new recipe.

I have so many piled up recipes to share with you all. So, do keep visiting this space often. Also, I have some exciting news to share with all of you. 

I will be conducting a 'one of a kind' cooking workshop on Every Day Indian Cooking in Singapore on 28th April 2018 in the World Class Design Studio Chun Tsubaki. If you have friends in Singapore, will you spread the word for me? 

Cooking Workshop


Here is the link to register for the workshop. Hurry, as the seats are limited and filling up fast. 


Today's recipe just happened due to a kitchen disaster. I had actually mixed batter for making Cheela for packing in the tiffin box but the batter just stuck to the pan and was adament NOT to come out 😅. This forced me to think. I always sprinkle onions directly on the tava when the batter is thinner ( like rava dosai) and then pour batter on top. This makes a non stick layer and the dosai turns out crisp. Followed the same principle and thus was born the 'Pakoda Dosai'. As, we can pull each ring apart, my hubby called it ' Pull Apart Pakora Dosa' . 

However you want to call this dosa/dosai/cheela , it tastes yummy and can be packed for tiffin box or can be served as an after school snack . 

I always enjoy creating new tiffin box recipes and I have to thank my friends Aruna, Radha and  Hema for gifting me the cute tiffin boxes ( that you see in the pictures) during my recent trip. They truly inspired me to start sharing fresh recipes for the New School Year. 

Pull Apart Dosai


'Pull Apart' Pakora Dosa | Pakoda Dosai | Pakora Cheela :

Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes 
Makes : 5-6 small size pakora dosa
1 cup = 250 ml cup 
Special Vessel : tava/dosa skillet, ladle , dosa spatula

Ingredients:

1-2 medium size onion ( sliced into circles) 
1 cup besan/ chick pea flour
1/4 cup rice flour 
1 cup curd ( whisked well and dilute with 1/2 cup water)
1/2 cucumber ( peeled and grated)
1/2 apple ( grated) 
2 green chillies ( finely chopped, adjust )
1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
pinch of asafoetida
handful of cilantro leaves ( finely chopped, optional, I did not add)
salt to taste
1 tablespoon sesame oil ( or oil of your choice)

Method :

1. In a wide bowl, add the curd, whisk and dilute with water.
2. Add salt, besan/chick pea flour, rice flour  and whisk into a smooth batter .
3. Add turmeric powder, asafoetida, grated cucumber , apple and mix again.
Chef tip : If the batter is too thick, dilute with water .


4. Allow the mixture to rest for 10 minutes.
5. Heat the tava and grease it with oil .
6. Place the onion rings on the tava and pour the batter over it.


7. Drizzle oil on the sides and allow the sides to brown.
8. Using a spatula remove the pakora dosa and flip to cook the other side.

9. Once the second side also turns brown, remove and repeat the process,

Your special 'Pakora Dosa' is ready . Happily pack it for tiffin box or serve as snack. If your little one is not fond of onions, you can use cabbage , carrots, capsicum or any other vegetable of your choice. I sprinkled some sauce on top and packed it for lunch box and they were a huge hit !!

Pakora Cheela

Happy Cooking !

With love,

Masterchefmom






No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...