It has been quite some time since I have blogged a cake recipe...this is just perfect to restart my cake journey!!
Do join me SUPERMOMS, you are going to have so much fun and excitement!
Cake and excitement?
Yes, you want to see the Choco Lava oozing out of your cake right? Then, this needs little bit of planning...trust me, it is going to be a joy ride!!
I have used only six ingredients for this incredible Molten Lava Cupcakes.
Recipe Inspiration: www.fondbites.com
Without further delay, let me share the ingredients and the process for this romantic dessert!
CADBURY's SILK- 165 gms packet ( you can use any dark chocolate or chocolate compound also but adjust sugar if it is dark chocolate)
ICING SUGAR- 50 gms(used the measuring cup)
Vanilla Extract- 1 tsp
All purpose flour- 50 gms
Olive oil/ Butter- 50 ml
1. Melt the chocolate over a double boiler. When the chocolate has melted completely,add olive oil and mix well. Let it come to room temperature. If you are using butter, then add it along with chocolate and melt them together.
2. Add 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks in a bowl and whisk well.
3. Now add the icing sugar and whisk. Since I added less sugar, there was'nt much difference in the colour. Add Vanilla extract and whisk again.
4. Add the chocolate oil mixture to the egg mixture and whisk again. Add All Purpose flour and whisk only till everything combines. Do not overdo.
5. Your batter is ready. refrigerate atleast for 15 minutes.
6. Prepare your baking dish by greasing them. Use Silicon moulds as they are easier to handle. I used Cake pop moulds and Cupcake moulds. I was really excited. Lava oozing out...mmmmm! Can't wait.
7. Now that everything is ready, preheat your oven to 200 degrees C for 10 minutes. Start filling your moulds. It does not increase in quantity. So you can add the batter leaving just 1 cm from top.
8. Bake your Chocolate Lava Cupcake at 200*c for 9- 10 minutes only. This is the most important step. I was too excited and did not want anything to go wrong. So checked the cupcakes in 5 minutes. It needed some more minutes.The cakes rise up beautifully.
9. At 9 minutes( this time will vary depending upon the mould and oven you are using), the sides of the cake were done and the top soft! Do not overbake!!!!!
Time for it to cool in the cooling rack. Let it cool for about 5 to 6 minutes. If you are living in a place with hot temperatures, then you can wait little longer., bu not too much,as there is a fear of losing the LAVA! Get your serving plates ready. Top it icing sugar if you like and the MOLTEN LAVA CAKE(POP) is ready to be cut!!!( Dhak ...Dhak...you can hear my heartbeat!!!!)
I found this cake too romantic! Set the table for my sweetheart, chocolate and strawberry...match made in heaven!!! And the joy to see the LAVA !!! My ,my ,you need to bake this to feel it!
Ofcourse, children would love to devour this yummilicious dessert!
So don't give it a try and you are going to repeat it !!!
Have a great Weekend and HAPPY COOKING!