I love eggless bakes as I feel very comfortable with them. The Red carrots are out of the market and I found fresh orange carrots and was tempted to bake a cake.
Cinnamon and Gulkhand(Rose petal preserve) adds so much of flavour to this delicious dessert!
Wanted to make it healthy without compromising on the taste! Everybody at home loved this fluted cake .
So if you are looking for an eggless carrot cake recipe, then it can't get simpler than this!!
Whole wheat flour-1cup
Baking powder-1 tsp
Baking soda-1/4 tsp
Cinnamon powder-1 tsp
Ghee(clarified butter)-2 tbsp ( if you are using olive oil,then you can use 1/4 cup)
Brown sugar- 1/2 cup( you can increase the sugar quantity upto 3/4 cup)
Flax powder-1 tbsp
Gulkhand- 1/4 cup ( plus 1/4 cup for garnish)
Milk-1/4 cup+1 tbsp( adjust to make a thick but flowing batter)
When baking a cake, it is best to use measuring cups and spoons .Here are the ones I used.
1. Soak a tbsp of flax powder in 3 tbsp of hot water. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
2. Grate the carrot and mix the cinnamon powder and toss well.
3. Sift the flour,baking powder,baking soda .Mix with sugar and whisk .
4. Add Ghee
5. Whisk your flax powder mixture. It will be gooey.
6. Add the flax mixture , gulkhand and carrots. Add milk and adjust the quantity to get a loose but thick flowing consistency. Grease the cake/ muffin moulds . Preheat your oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes,
7. Bake at 160 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or till the time a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Allow it to cool in the cooling rack. The cake is ready to be devoured! Garnish by topping the cake with Gulkhand and drizzle caramel syrup and serve. You can dust icing sugar too! Yummy, waiting to bake this again!
Do try this recipe SUPERMOMS! A recipe for all ages...why should kids only have all the fun?
My dad enjoyed this cake as much as my daughter.