Children love chocolate and when it comes to cookies, OREO cookies are their favourite. As I am experimenting with various baking recipes lately,was tempted to try these cookies at home.
The beauty of this recipe is that it has few ingredients and the baking time is also less.
Recipe Inspiration: Bhavna's Kitchen and www.fondbites.com
All purposeFlour-1 cup
Butter -1/2 cup( room temperature)
Cocoa powder-1/4 cup
Castor sugar-3/4 cup
Milk powder-1 tbsp( you can use milk also -but adjust the quantity)
Dark chocolate ( melted)-2 tbsp
Vanilla extract-1 tsp
Baking soda-1/2 tsp
Baking powder-1/2 tsp
For the filling I simply spread Nutella.
Let us start our preparation
1. Firstly beat the butter with an electric beater till soft peaks. Then add sugar little by little and beat till the sugar is incorporated into the butter.
2. Sift the flour,cocoa powder,baking soda,baking powder,salt. Mix this with the butter,sugar mixture. Add the Vanilla essence,honey,and mix all this with your rubber spatula or electric beater ( do not over beat)till it comes together. If the mixture is dry,then you can add few drops of milk. You will get a sticky dough.
3. Cling wrap in the shape you want and put it in your freezer for atleast an hour.
4. Preheat your oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
5. While the oven preheats,you can cut the dough in the shape you want and place them at a distance of atleast 10 cms as the dough will spread. This is how I cut it, but since it spread, it looks oval in shape.
6. Bake at 160 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. But since these cookies are delicate, you need to check the cookies every five minutes.
7. When you remove the cookies from the oven, they will still be delicate and soft to touch. Allow the. To cool in a wire rack. They firm up when cooled.
8. You can eat these cookies just like that or make sandwiches with your favourite filling.
9. I used Nutella.
1.If your dough is gooey, do not panic. You can skip the step of refrigeration and scoop out portions of the dough in a greased baking tray. You just need to give them adequate space. The cookie batter spreads,but tastes delicious.
2. Adding honey is completely optional.
So ,go for it SUPERMOMS!!!,