I have to confess that I am totally loving these super thin rice papers. So here I am with one more recipe using these moonlike beauties.
Now, don't ask me why I named them THAI SAMOSAS and not VIETNAMESE......It was totally instinctive! A blogger's liberty,maybe! So,you can call them anything...Gluten free Samosas???? Sounds healthy,is'nt it! Recipe inspired by MYNEWROOTS.
Trust me, it is very healthy as it is Gluten free and also protein rich,as I have used chick peas and black eyed peas as the stuffing!
Ok, now to the recipe!
Chick peas- 1/2 cup
Black eyed peas-1/2 cup
Green peas, bell peppersfinely chopped for colour
Green chutney-1/2 cup( ginger,garlic,green chillies, one large onion,mint leaves and coriander leaves, a tsp of lemon, salt,all ground to a smooth paste)
Salt to taste
1.Soak the beans for 4 to 5 hours ,boil and drain them. Prepare the green chutney.
2. Add required amount of greenchutney( adjust to taste) with the beans. Taste and add salt and pepper if required.
Your stuffing is ready! Now let us get working on the rice papers.
3. Keep warm water ready in a large bowl, dip the rice paper for 30 seconds, remove and drain in a dry towel. Transfer it to your work table .
4.Cut it into half. Place the stuffing in the centre. Do not stuff too much or the paper will tear.
5. Now fold just like samosa.
Seat the third corner too.
6. Line a baking pan with foil and using a brush grease with ghee/ olive oil. Also brush the samosa.
7. In a pre heated oven, bake the samosas at 160 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove the tray, turn the samosas and bake again for 10 minutes. Your crispy, tasty and healthy Samosas are ready!!!!!
These little wonders can be relished at any time of the day!
What a great party starter.
I had fun making them!
You are sure to bring more smiles with this awesome recipe!