Children enjoy desserts and I love making flavourful cakes. "Cakes in Summer???" , you might be wondering...but this cake is cooling!!!
Summer heat is not very motivating to bake in the oven...so going the microwave way!!!
The original recipe is from www.fondbites.com but I have tweeked it to make it easy peasy,eggless and also baked it in the microwave.
I made them as mini cakes. They were so tasty (do not judge it by it's look!!). Adding Gulkhand in the cake was a good decision. I reduced the sugar in the recipe as Gulkhand( rose petal concentrate) has added sugar.
Gulkhand reduces heat in the body,a reduction in eye inflammation and redness, strengthening of the teeth and gums. It has cooling properties and alleviates all heat related problems like tiredness,lethargy,itching,aches and pains.
So glad that I used it in the cake!!! Perfect cake for summers.
Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
Baking powder- 1 tsp
Baking soda- 1/4 tsp
Flax seed powder- 1 tsp ( mix flax powder in 6 tsp of hot water, allow it to bloom)
Gulkhand - 2 tsp
Butter- 1/4 cup
Caramel syrup - 2 tbsp
Milk ( just to combine the ingredients to get a loose batter )
Whipping cream -200 ml
Castor sugar- 1 cup ( adjust according to your taste preference)
1. Bring the butter to room temperature.Beat the butter to make it light and fluffy.
2. Mix all dry ingredients. Use a fork to mix well. Add the dry and wet ingredients to the butter and fold using a rubber spatula. Add milk to make a smooth batter. Let it not be watery. I am not giving measurement for milk as it may vary according to the type of flour you use.
3.I used paper cup cake disposables. Poured the batter and microwaved them at 300 degress using the grill+microwave option for 4 minutes. Check once and bake again for another 2 minutes. Insert a toothpick. It should come out clean. Cool the cakes in the rack for 5 minutes before unmoulding. Cool again.
4. Cut each cup cake into 3 pieces.
5. In a pan, heat the caramel sauce to make it little more thicker. It will take just 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Spread the sauce on one side of the sliced cake and place another piece on top. Repeat to make a triple decker.
7. Using a hand whisk or electric beater, fluff the whipping cream. Add sugar and whisk again.
8. Dress your mini cakes.
Easy, is'nt it?
Hope you are going to try this recipe soon.
Waiting to hear from you!