Thursday, May 21, 2015

Steamed Muffins/Rice cupcakes -Gluten free recipe

Hi Supermoms,

This is more of a new idea than a new recipe. As it was very much liked by my daughter and her school friends, I wanted to share the idea with all of you.

I am sure you are searching for interesting tiffin box ideas as packing lunch box everyday can be a daunting task.


   


These Steamed Muffins are so soft, fluffy and due to the natural fermentation that happens to the  batter it is sooo good for our gut also. I was inspired to try these when I saw a picture of these muffins in a facebook food group. Special thanks to Niv Mani for igniting the idea.

I used the Idli batter for these cakes. Here is the recipe link to make a fool proof batter for making soft,light,fluffy idlis/ dosas/. Utthapams  and of course  these gorgeous looking Steamed Muffins.


    





     


Ingredients:

1.Idli batter 

2.Muffin moulds


METHOD

1. Grease the muffin moulds with sesame oil
2. Pour the batter into the mould( you can fill upto half or maximum (3/4) of the cups)

3. Steam them for 15 minutes or till the time a toothpick inserted in the middle of the mould comes out clean.

4. You can add vegetables like carrot,peas,beetroot to make it more healthy. You can a sweet version by adding dry fruits and sugar..so many variations to try!!!

   


That's it !!! So, do give it a try Supermoms!!!

You are sure to bring more smiles!!!

Happy Cooking!!!

With love,

Masterchefmom



     


Thanks for visiting my blog. Do take a minute to comment as it is precious for me and helps me to stay motivated and bring you more healthy, interesting recipes.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Your comments here...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...