From the time Summer has started, I have been making coolers everyday.
This particular drink brings back the memories of childhood. The corner tea shop which we call potikadai(in Tamil) near my Grandma's house used to sell a particular brand of Ginger Soda. I used to LOVE the taste of ginger in the Soda !!
As summer brings with it that feeling of bloating , this ginger soda helps to ease that feeling!
And there is more....
Ginger Soda is popularly known as Ginger Ale. Supermoms, let's enrich our general knowledge about the uses of this drink.
Information Courtesy: Wikipedia
Ginger ale, as with other ginger products, is often used as a home remedy to alleviate indigestion or motion sickness, or to relieve and to soothe coughs and sore throats. Studies on its effectiveness as an anti-emetic have produced mixed results, with most finding that ginger extract will relieve symptoms of nausea.
Now, this should motivate you to try!!!
You can add a pinch of turmeric for extra colour. I like it 'Clear'.
Grated Ginger - 1/4 cup
Water- 200 ml / 1 cup
Soda or any flavourless carbonated drink.
1. In a vessel or pan, add the water and grated ginger. Let th water boil till it becomes half the quantity.
2. Filter and extract the concentrated ginger juice. You can store this juice in the refrigerator or atleast 4 days.
3. It is a good idea to make a simple sugar syrup. Boil one cup of water and add one cup of sugar. Boil the water till the sugar dissolves completely. Cool and bottle this syrup. Your Sugar syrup is ready.
You can add sugar syrup when you are preparing the Ginger Soda.
4. Now, I am ready with my Ginger juice concentrate ,sugar syrup and soda. All I need is a Glass.
5. In a glass ,add a tsp of ginger juice , 2 tsp of sugar syrup and mix with a stirrer. Now add the Soda and serve immediately.
Perfect for this heat!!
Do try and it is a soothing drink Supermoms. You can add a tsp of lemon juice if you love the taste of Citrus in your drink. It only gets better!