The heat is driving me crazy. My kitchen is now like the mouth of a ' fire spilling dragon'.... I mean it....literally....its just tooooooo hot!
Even after ten plus years in Delhi and having spent my childhood completely in a tropical city, still I can't stop my cribbing....
I had to rant about this to cool my brain...ah...yes...feeling better!
Also, the reason for this cake is the heat. I want to bake but the sun just won't allow me. I would end up with a headache after the baking.... So wanted to use my microwave. The first thing I did was to get my microwave out of my kitchen and install it right near the A/C in my drawing room!!
No, seriously it makes a whole lot of difference! Is this why they say, 'Necessity is the mother of Invention'. I love this new baking space.
A big thanks to all those encouraging SUPERMOMS who wanted me to come up with MICROWAVE recipes.
So,dearies...here is the first one. Starting it on a sweet note!
Wow, so soft,spongy and just the right amount of sweet with all the fruit goodness. You can bake it in flat 5 minutes. I am making it 6 ,just to be very sure!
Recipe inspiration: Fondbites.com
Whole wheat flour-1/2 cup
Brown sugar-1/4 cup
Grated apple-1/2 cup ( I choose the red ones)
Toasted cashewnuts( hand pound them roughly)
Cinnamon powder- 1/2 tsp
Baking powder-1/2 tsp
Baking soda- a pinch
Milk-1/4 cup + 1 tbsp ( adjust to get a loose batter)
Clarified Butter/ Olive oil - 1 tbsp
1. In a bowl , add all the dry ingredients and using a fork, mix well.
2. Add the grated apple,Ghee ,cashews and milk and using a metal whisk, whisk to make a loose batter.
3. Grease the Silicon muffin cups( they are so convenient). You can skip this step if you are using paper cups.
4. Scoop the batter equally into all the muffin cups.
5. For baking in the microwave, use the Microwave+ Grill option. Keep it at 600w for 3 minutes.
6. Next, bake again at 450w for 2 minutes. The cake is nice and soft now, just bake again for another one minute at 300w.Just check by poking a toothpick or fork . It should come out dry.
7. Cool the muffins on the rack.
8. You can have them warm. Totally yum. And to think of it, it is healthy too!
Now you know what to bake when you have friends or guests for tea time or dinner. Or, when your little ones want to have a cake and you are lazy!!!
Hassle free and so little preparation and baking time !
I know you are going to love this recipe.
Do share your feedback through your comments . You can mail me at