I baked this Chocolate Sheet Cake with Nutella Ganache some time ago and wanted to share this recipe with you all. It is an eggless recipe and this does not take too much effort to bake.
Does'nt it look delicious?
Well, it was loved by all at home!
I used the recipe from here .
Children always prefer Chocolate to any other flavour !!!
When I said that I am going to bake a chocolate cake, everyone at home were so excited !
Chocolate Sheet Cake :
Serves - 6 to 10
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Baking time : 20 minutes
1. Unsalted Butter - 100 gms
2.Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
3.Boiling water -1/2 cup
4.Whole wheat flour-1 cup (250 gms)
5.Brown sugar-1 cup
7.Baking Soda -1/4 tsp
8.Buttermilk -1/4 cup
9.Flaxseed powder( Flaxmeal) -1 tbsp ( mix with 3 tbsp of hot water and let it rest dor 10 mins)
10.Vanilla extract -1 tsp
1. Add flour,sugar and salt in a bowl. Mix them together. Keep aside. Grease a 9 inch pan.
2. Add butter in a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Bring it on fire. Let it melt completely.
3.Add cocoa powder and keep stirring on low flame until they combine well.
4.Add the boiling water while the flame is still on.
5.Keep stirring for about 30 seconds. Switch off the stove.Let it aside for a few minutes to cool.
6. Add this chocolate mixture into the flour mixture.
7. Mix using a wire whisk so that they are well combined.
8. In another bowl, add the buttermilk and add baking sofa into it. Mix well.
9. Whisk the flaxmeal mixture and add it to the buttermilk. Add Vanilla essence.
10. Add this buttermilk mixture into the chocolate -flour mixture and using a wire whisk, mix to combine. You will get a silky smooth batter.
11. Pour the batter in the prepared baking pan . Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees C for 20 minutes until the top is springy to touch and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
12. Cool it in the rack.
13. You can serve it just like that or spread Nutella and drizzle some fresh or candied fruits. You can do any frosting you like as this is a stable cake.
Your gorgeous Chocolate Sheet cake is ready to be served.