It has been quite some time that I prepared an Indian dessert. But I got a request from the youngest that I make the dessert -"Chocolicious".
Just 5 ingredients and within fifteen minutes minutes my dessert was done!
Delicious ,rich chocolatey Cup Cake Burfis were ready ...all we did was wait till it set to gorge on them!
The secret behind the cupcakes was that I was plain lazy to grease a tray and later cut them into squares...these cupcake wrappers are very handy. Plus the burfis look gorgeous in them. It was much easier for me to pack them to school so that the youngest could share some food love with her friends !
With or without Chocolate, I just love the burfi and the recipe! And guess what, it's fool proof !
I just followed my instincts( which is what I do 99.99999%) to make this dessert!
CHOCOLATEY Cupcake Burfi :
Preparation time :5 minutes
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Storage : upto 2 days in room temperature( keeps longer when refrigerated)
1 Cup = 250 ml
1.Khoya/ Mava - 200 gms
2.Sugar/ Brown Sugar -125 ml ( 1/2 cup)
3. Chocolate Chips / Grated Chocolate - 100 gms
4.Almond Powder -1/4 cup
5. Clarified Butter / Ghee - 2 tbsp ( use little to grease)
1. Assemble the ingredients.
2. I arranged the cupcake wrappers in the muffin tray and lightly greased them (optional).
3. In a heavy bottom pan heat the ghee.
4. Add the crumbled Khoya and cook for 2 minutes so that it gets incorporated with the ghee. Keep stirring n low flame.
5. Now add the sugar and stir so that the sugar melts . It will leave water, so keep stirring for 2 to 3 minutes
6. Now add the powdered almond and stir to incorporate. This will take just a minute.
7.Add the chocochips or grated chocolate and mix well for another minute . You will see that the khoya mixture has become nonsticky. Switch off. Do not overdo as it will become too crumbly once the burfi sets. It will look like a cake batter in consistency, but will solidify once it sets.
8. See, it will look like this!
9. I scooped out 2 tsps of the burfi batter into each cupcake. Yours will depend upon the size of the wrapper you are using.
10. Allow it to cool in room temperature. Do not be tempted to lick as it will be TOO HOT!( experience speaks!!)
Once cool...dig in!
Chef Tips :
1. Crumble the Khoya well . This helps to speed up cooking .
2.You can flavour it with just cardamom and increase the sugar quantity a little more and it will taste delicious.
3. Do not overcook or your cupcakes will break...and so will break your heart too.
4. You can grease a tray and pour the batter. Make diamond cuts( or any shape)with a knife and allow it to set.
5. You can also place a butter paper in a cake pan or a plate and pour the batter and do the same as above.
Choice is yours!
Happy Cooking !