Indian Festivals and Sweets are synonymous. And the tastiest sweets are those made with milk.
Doodh pedas are such delicious treats that you cannot stop with one. They are so simple to make in the microwave. I had made a large batch during Navratri festival for gifting. It was so much enjoyed by all.
It is always fashionable to gift homemade goodies and if you haven't tried these three ingredient 'Instant Doodh Pedas', then this festive season is the perfect time to try.
‘Doodh Peda' or ‘Milk Peda’ is a very popular Indian dessert made from milk and sugar. Everyone in our family loves peda, and I regularly make this dessert during important functions and parties at home. During this Navratri, I had around 40 guests visiting my home for ‘Golu’. The first sweet dish that came to my mind were these instant doodh pedas. With just three main ingredients and four minutes of cooking time,they are simply irresistable to try! They not only look pleasing to the eyes but also absolutely delicious !! This recipe is sure to brighten your diwali!
Instant Doodh Peda | Microwave Doodh Peda
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 3 minutes
Yield : 50 small pedas
1 cup = 250ml
Storage : Keeps good for 4-5 days when refrigerated
400 gms Condensed milk
1 1/2 cup Milk powder
1 tablespoon Ghee
6-10 strands of saffron
1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
15 pistachios for garnish
- In a deep wide glass bowl or microwave safe bowl, add the milk powder,condensed milk,ghee, saffron and cardamom powder.
- Mix well to make a smooth batter.
- Microwave at 600 degrees C for one minute.
- Stir and microwave again in the same temperature for another minute.
- Remove the bowl and using a fork, stir the mixture. The mixture would have thickened.
- Microwave in bursts 30 seconds ,two times and stir after every burst.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Grease your hand with ghee.
- When the mixture is warm and bearable to touch, take small portions of the dough, roll and flatten to make pedas.
- I pressed in the middle of the peda to give a slight impression and garnished with peeled and sliced pistachios.
- Layer a gift box/container with butter paper and arrange them beautifully for gifting or store them in an airtight container if you are making them for your family.
- You can make this recipe on stove top also. Cook in low heat for around 15 minutes . The mixture will leave the sides of the pan, switch off.
- Use a wide and deep glass bowl as the milk will raise when boiling.
- Using a sweet press /mould gives the pedas an attractive look.
- You can use chopped or crushed almonds/cashews for garnish.
Wishing you all a Joyous Festival and Happy Cooking!