Holiday season , Baking for friends and family , Preparation for Christmas and holidays....My God ! It is quite a challenge to find time to update recipes in the blog. However, I wanted to share atleast the cookie recipes before Christmas. I had made fresh strawberry jam and used up some of them in these cookies and also on the Eggless Black Forest cake that I baked very recently. Both tasted delicious.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Total time : 1 hour
1 cup = 200 ml Cup
Storage : Store in airtight containers in room temperature. Consume within 2 to 3 days.
2 tablespoons Jam ( I used fresh strawberry jam)
1 & 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter( softened)
2 & 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Fresh cream ( adjust)
1. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients. Use a fork to mix well.
2. Add butter and incorporate it into the flour by pinching the flour-butter mixture.
3. Add cream little by little and make a stiff dough.
4.Transfer the dough to a zip lock pouch or clingwrap the dough and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
TIP: You can freeze the dough and use it upto a month
5. Preheat the oven and line a baking tray with parchment/butter paper.
6. Dust the working surface with flour.
7. Roll dough into 1 inch balls.
8. Place them in the lined tray atleast 2 inches apart.
9. Using the back of a ladle or your thumb make indentation in the centre of each cookie.
10. Spoon the jam into each indentation.
11. Bake for approximately 8 to 9 minutes in the middle rack of the oven, or till the time the edges are lightly brown.
12. Remove cookies from oven, it will be soft to touch. Let it cool for 2-3 minutes in the tray itself and then you can cool it completely in the wire rack.
Store in an airtight container.
You thumbprint cookies are ready to be served with milk or tea. An easy cookie recipe that is filled with the goodness of fruit. A perfect edible gift too!