'Mayonnaise' is a popular condiment that is used as spreads in sandwiches and burgers, and as dressing in salads. Usually mayonnaise is made using eggs and oil. But I am sharing an eggless version that does not require any cooking. Prepare your mayo in just 5 minutes!! You can create so many different flavours according to your liking. In today's recipe, I have used honey instead of sugar as a healthier option. I have given a touch of spice to this condiment to suit our taste palates. If you are vegan, you can substitute soy milk instead of milk powder.
A quick and handy recipe. A must try !
Eggless Mayonnaise | Eggless Diet Mayonnaise | Honey Chilli Mayonnaise :
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : Nil
Serves : 4
1 cup = 250 ml cup
Special equipment : Mixie/mixer/ blender
Note : For Vegan option, instead of milk powder and water, just replace with 1/4 cup soy milk . Adjust salt and spice accordingly.
1/4 cup + 2 teaspoons milk powder ( use skimmed milk powder as low fat option)
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder( or pinch of cayenne pepper powder)
3 teaspoons olive oil ( or any odourless oil)
1/8 teaspoon salt ( adjust to taste)
1. Mix milk powder, water, salt, red chilli powder, lemon juice, honey in a bowl .
2. Add it to mixer and process it in low speed for 10 seconds.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of oil and process again for 10 seconds.
4. Add one more spoon of oil and repeat the same process.
5. Finally add the third spoon of oil and process again for 10 seconds.
6. Your eggless mayonnaise is ready.
1. The mayonnaise will thicken more after a little while.
2. The mixer processing time might differ with the type of machine you are using. You need to get a creamy and smooth paste.
3. You can add chopped cilantro or mint for added flavour.
4. You can even use the whipper option in your mixer to process the mayo.
5. I have given the measurements for a small batch. You can double the quantity for making a larger batch.
6. I have used milk powder to reduce the processing time and the amount of oil .
Have you tried making Hummus ?
Happy Cooking !